✎...Part 6

TW: Cuts/ Self harm references, death.

It was a late evening 9 year old me and my 11 year old sister Betty were walking in the woods.

A werewolf came out of no where and Betty tried to protect me.

"Brookie stay back." She yelled I stayed behind her. She tried to make it go away, but it attacked her. I screamed but after it attacked her it ran off. I layed by her side. "Betty, Betty wake up." I said crying my eyes out.

Then my parents came running into the woods to us. My mom pulled me away from my sister.

"its ok B" my mom said trying to calm me down. I just screamed

"Brooks wake up"

I continued to cry seeing my dad take away my dead sister

All of a sudden I was shaken awake, covered in tears and sweating. I shoot off the pillows, I looked around seeing a worried Draco and a confused yet worried Narcissa, Lucius and Mia.

"W-wha-" I start "Shhh its ok Brooks you were dreaming of Betty again" Hearing her name made me shake and start crying. Draco got into bed and stoke my head my face in his chest.

"Draco" I hear Narcissa's soft voice say "who's Betty." I start to calm down and my my head from his chest to answer her question. "Betty is / was my sister. She was killed by a werewolf when I was 9. She was trying to protect me. She was 11. I saw her get killed." I start shaking and crying again. The adults gasp "Lucius can you get a dreamless sleep potion please." He nods and leaves the room. Mia goes with him and Narcissa makes her way on the bed. "Do you get the dreams a lot Brooke?" I shake my head that's still on Draco's chest and the raise my head. "Only around this time of year she died on July 7. Which is in 6 days." She gives me a sad smile and makes her way next to me and pulls me into her arms. I feel safe. "Im sorry for waking you with my screaming." She just stokes my hair "Shhh no need to say sorry dear" She looks at Draco "Draco hun why don't you go to bed I'll take care of this young lady." She says. My heart starts beating faster at the thought of being alone in my bed with Narcissa. Draco nods and makes his way out of my room, closing the door behind him. Narcissa pulls me up into the bed closer to the pillows and holds me in her arms my breathing still uneven.

     My eyes start to droop and I find myself drifting asleep in Narcissa's arms, to the sound of her humming. That last thing I hear is Lucius coming in with the potion.

************************************

    I wake but my eyes burn, probably because of all the crying that I did that night. Suddenly I feel a breath on my neck and I turn slightly, only to see Narcissa freaking Malfoy laying next to me sleeping peacefully, her arms wrapped around my body. My eyes widen and I try to move without to waking her, but failed. She ended up waking up and shooting up when she noticed her arm wrapped around me. "Oh merlin I'm so sorry Brooke. I must have fallen asleep when I was trying to calm you down." I shake my head "No its fine. Some how you by my side, made me sleep the best I have, during this time of the year." I say blushing and she starts to blush. "Umm so I should get ready for the day." She nods "Yes good idea I should go get ready, breakfast should be ready soon." and with that she left my room, leaving me sitting in my room red faced.

     I shook my head and went into the bathroom. I let the water heat up, while I brushed my teeth. Once the bathroom was steaming I stepped into the water letting the water burn my skin. I look down at my legs and arms to see semi faded cuts. After my sister died, I felt num, I locked myself in my room for over a year, and to feel something, pain, anything really, I started to cut. I cut until I went to Hogwarts. When I we made or friends group with Draco, Scarlett and Lindsey, I stopped. It was the first time I felt happy in a long time. Now all I have are the scars to remind me of that hard time in my life.