Chapter FINALE (The Hat Knight)

As Hat Kid inspects the head of the Traitor Lord, The Vessel goes through another path of the gardens. Hat Kid opens up a path for Hornet to climb up to the room with the corpse of the Traitor Lord.

"Greetings, Hat Kid. You killed the Traitor Lord... well done. Uh... where's, Ghost?"

"The Vessel?" Hat Kid says looking around for it. "I don't... oh, there they are."

The Vessel comes back from where it went and heads for the exit. The royal siblings and time traveler make their way out of the Queen's gardens, following the Vessel once more. "Are we almost done, little Vessel?" Hat Kid says tired and in slight pain from her bleeding palms.

The Vessel stops walking and stands next to Hat Kid, looking up at her. She sighs, "Can I help you?" The Vessel hops onto Hat Kid's shoulder. "Oh, guess I'm leading the way then."

Hat Kid leads the way to Mantis Village and approaches the Mantis Lords on their thrones, plopping the Traitor Lord's head in front of them.

"My contractual obligations are done, It was an honor serving, fighting, and being impaled by you, Mantis Lords." Hat Kid says.

The middle Mantis Lord hops down from her throne and walks up to Hat Kid with their claw out.

"Well done, Hat Kid. You're a fierce person to have killed our brother here." The Mantis says, kicking the Traitor Lord's head. Hat Kid shakes the Mantis Lord's claw with respect.

"Well, I had some help." Hat Kid says with a nervous laugh.

"Don't care, you got the job done. Thank you for sticking to your duties." The Mantis says bowing. Ironic considering Hat Kid hates following the rules of her time traveler job. The Vessel jumps off of Hat Kid and starts walking again, forcing Hat Kid and Hornet to follow once more.

They follow the Vessel all the way back down to the entrance to the Abyss. The Vessel takes Hat Kid's dream nail off her and descends down the dark hole once more.

"Now what are we doing back here?!" Hat Kid scoffs.

"I believe I know, it's a little complicated though." Hornet says.

"Thanks, but I think I'm okay not knowing at this point." Hat Kid says.

After a short time, the Vessel comes back up to the girls.

"So, Ghost, what do you remember from your first day being created in that dark place?" Hornet says. The Vessel looks over and stares Hat Kid in the eyes. Hat Kid gives the Vessel a look of suspicion. The Vessel jumps up and hops off Hat Kid's head with a hard kick then lands back on the ground.

"Ow! What in the universe was that for?! I thought I was your favorite person." Hat Kid says, rubbing her head.

"You must have done something to wrong, Ghost."

"I can't think of a time when I ever hurt it."

"I believe the Vessel has done all it needs to in order to prepare itself to stop the infection."

"Alright cool, so where are we going?"

"To the black egg temple. We can get there quickly from Dirtmouth."

The gang journeys straight to the stag station near the remains of the White Palace. They take the last stag through the empty tunnels back to Dirtmouth.

They exit the station entrance and the Vessel takes the delicate flower it was carrying out of its body and holds it up to Hat Kid's ship in the sky. "Hmm... What are you doing, Ghost?" Hornet asks.

Hat Kid squints, looking back and forth at the Vessel and ship. "Wow... I should have tried this sooner." She says taking out her dream piercer mask.