&Tonight's The Night I'll Fall For You Again ; Chapter 4 "Don't Fall In,"

***

"What do I wear?" I wonder out loud. "Look hot," Lily laughs. "I always do, but seriously, what?" I beg for her help, but her phone starts to buzz. "Gotta go, have fun tonight!" she laughs as she leaves me room. "Lilyanna Marie, you are not leaving!" I exclaim chasing her into the hallway, but she hurries down the stairs and opens the front door. "I missed you, a lot, Hanna. I'm glad you're back, and I hope you have a lot of fun tonight, Han. Kale's really excited about tonight; he's been talking about you for weeks." Lily laughed, and she pulled the door closed.

It took me a minute to move, but finally the words processed. As soon as I understood what she said, I dashed down the stairs and dove for the door. I swung it open and screamed, "he talked about me?" As Lily's car backed out of the driveway, I could see her smiling. And then, the window rolled down, and her head popped out, her long blond hair flopping in the warm summer breeze. "Yes, now go get ready!" she squealed, and she pressed her foot against the accelerator, and she was gone.

I closed the door and ran back up the stairs. I grabbed a spring dress. It was pink and had little hearts on it. I tied my bathing suit underneath it, there, perfect. Kale's family was rich. He had a boat, and I was sure that's where we'd end up going. He was actually old enough to drive the boat by himself now. And I'm sure he'd want to show off.

Once I finished straightening my hair and putting on a little eye liner, I went downstairs and plopped onto the couch. "Where are you going tonight?" my dad questioned me as he finished putting food into the cabinets. He turned to look at me, and I smiled at him. "Kale wanted to take me out tonight, you know, to catch up and everything." I smiled, and my dad shook his head in amazement. A smile grew across his face as he said, "you're still in love with him?" and I laughed back. "I don't know if what we had was ever love," I remind him, "we were like twelve."

"True, honey. You behave yourself tonight, understand?" he gave me a smile, and I nodded. "Of course," and as if on cue, the doorbell rang. I slid on my hot pink flip-flops and opened the door. "Hey," he smiled at me, "Ready?"

 I nodded, and I followed him towards the car. "I figured we could go to the boat?" he smiled. "I know you so well," I laughed signaling to the bathing suit under my dress. "Well, you were in love with me." He laughed, but I shook my head. "We were young, we weren't in love." I remind him, smiling. "Well, I don't know about you loving me, but I loved you." He told me.

How could I not smile at that? "Wait, you really loved me?" I asked. "Yeah, I did." He smiled. Wait, he said did. Oh no, he loves someone else. "So, who's your girlfriend now?" I changed the subject. "Oh, I'm single. Hopefully that'll change...soon." He smiled and gave me a little wink as the car pulled up in the parking lot. We got out, and he held me hand as we walked down the pier. He helped me into the boat, and he started the engine. I pulled off the sun dress, leaving just my hot pink bikini on.

I kick off my flip-flops and climb onto the edge. I sat along the edge of the boat, careful not to fall off, as he drove the boat out of the pier. My long dark brown hair was blowing in the wind as he sped up. My feet dangling over the edge, the tiny splashes from the waves hitting the tips of my bare feet. "Don't fall in," he laughed as he turned the corner quickly causing me to tumble backwards into the water. I let out a little scream as I splash into the freezing cold water.

He put the boat in neutral and ran over the edge of the water. He was obviously trying not to laugh, and I reached up. "C'mon, help me out!" I screeched. He grabbed my hand, but I pulled him forward, and he splashed into the water next to me. "Hanna!" he screamed, and now it was my turn to laugh.

He pushed the top of my head under the water for a split second, and then pulled me up. I coughed and laughed. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and he pressed me up against the boat. "Here, let's get out," he laughed, climbing up the side, and then reaching to grab my hand. He pulled me out of the water, and I laid on the front of the boat. He climbed on next to me, and smiled.

"I missed you, Han." He said quietly, gently pushing a piece of hair from my face and tucking it behind my ear. "I-I missed you, too, Kale. I missed you, a lot." I smiled back at him. His face got closer to mine, and I rolled over onto my back. He sat up a little and gave me a look that showed hurt in his eyes. "What?" I laughed. "Nothing, I just heard that you had a boyfriend in New York. I was kind of hoping you wouldn't." he laughed.

"I did. I don't anymore." I smiled at him. "So it would be OK if I did this?" he whispered leaning towards my face. Ohmygod! He's going to kiss me. I've wanted to kiss him my whole life! I was scared when we were dating because we were so young. I've never been kissed, ever. I didn't even kiss my 'boyfriend' in New York. This would be my first kiss, ever, in my whole life. My eyes closed, and I felt his warm lips press tightly for a second against mine. He pulled away slowly, and smiled at me. I smiled back, and he whispered, "I've been waiting my whole life to do that, Hanna." And then he leaned forward again. "I have to, Kale." I whispered back, and he pressed his lips against mine again.