CHAPTER 2: DECEMBER 11TH 12:00 AM.

Beck's POV

Adrenaline is pumping through my system. Hard. My concentration is in the pink-haired girl ahead of my car. She's wearing really tight short skirt and a very revealing tank top. She doesn't stand out. A lot of people here dress revealingly, dudes and girls. Plenty to chose from, that's my jam. One night and out. This place helps me with my preferences.

I grab the steering wheel and my foot tickles with excitement above the gas pedal. I watch her arm reach up, a tattoo covering all its length. If I wasn't so invested with what's about to happen, I'd go out and push her inside my car. Fuck her right here. But I love races more than I love chicks, or dudes.

"Ready, steady..." My heart beats wildly and my brain is on high alert. Engines roaring readily, eager to begin. Fingertips drumming against steering wheels, shallow breaths, eyes open, no blinking allowed, whispers cooking inside the crowd, the tension building among the drivers; fucking amazing.

" Go!" I push my feet harshly into the gas pedal and the car quickly accelerates dragging me along inside it.

The cars around me speed up, engines roaring; some stay behind, some ahead. The scenery changing as our speed increases.

The driver's window is rolled down and I can feel the rush of the wind hit my face. I grin widely. A loud roar comes from the engine. This car is not that good, but it was all Max could lend me. The one back at home is better. Doesn't matter, dad would never let me bring it to New York anyway. Besides, the rush pumping through my body makes me feel like I'm high. Again. It's enough, for now.

I let out a scream, pumped by all the adrenaline roaming inside my body. I fucking love this.

I can feel each turn the car makes every time I abruptly spin the steering wheel with my hands. My feet working the gas and the breaks to perfectly nail sharp turns. The moon light sweeps inside the car throughout the windshield.

Max told me this was the first race in this abandoned ship-yard. It's a cool route, plenty of sharp turns. Just how I like it. Rough. As I approach Knox's sport car, I realize I'm in second place. Making a turn to the right, I use the opportunity to get ahead, he tries to bash the front of his car against mine.

"Nice try, dumb fuck." I say under my breath after dodging him.

We reach a narrow walkway that barely fits the cars. Water on each side I use the chance to reach maximum acceleration. The path ends. Just went I turn to my left on the next curve; Knox makes his move overtaking me. Fucking piece of shit. Fuck him and his expensive shit cars. We approach the multitude that's concentrating at the sides of the finish line, him ahead of me. I hit the steering wheel angrily as I come in second. Fuck this shit. Everyone is rushing towards his car excitedly.

............................

My eyes are drowsy and I can't hear clearly what the brunette in my lap is saying. She leans over kissing my neck and I bring the whiskey glass to my lips. My tongue slightly burns at the familiarity. I savor it inside my mouth before swallowing. It tastes like betrayal.

"Promise me you're done." Levi looked at me, concern washing his face.

" I swear, bro. You know it." I brought my hand to his shoulder squeezing it lightly.

Liar. That's what I am. At least since I set foot in this city. At least since I saw him again.