Chapter 17 - Our Haunted House goes Boom-Boom

When we got to the magic house, mom immediately started fuzzing over my arm. I explained to her what happened, which resulted in a worried look from Mom, who forbid me from leaving until I drank some tea and had a good night's sleep. 

The next morning, it was Halloween. Thea woke me up with a sound spell. 

BLAM

I woke up with a yell, and Ana almost punched me in the face. 

"Sorry", Ana said. 

Thea laughed and ran out of the room. I regretted telling Mom to call Thea and Sam.

"Ow", we heard a mumbling from beside us. 

The previous night, Mom was making a big deal of Ana sleeping in my room. During our first stay in the magic house, we did the same, but Mom let us since Thea said Ana needed someone to watch over her while Ana slept. Last night however, Mom gave me an embarrassing talk about the child-making process, which I pretended to know nothing about.

So, Kira suggested she would sleep in my room too so she can 'chaperone' me and Ana. In reality, she probably just did it to annoy me and Ana. 

"Morning", Ana looked down at Kira, who was on the floor. 

"You pushed me down, princess", Kira rubbed the side of her head. 

"No, that was me", Ana got up and skipped to the living room.

"Why's she happy?", I asked.

Kira shrugged.

We ate breakfast, then Mom allowed us to leave. 

Camp was more festive than usual. On the Camp message board, there was a sign that said '9 days of no attacks!'

Several campers were running from skeletons that popped up from the ground. These were plastic skeletons the Stoll brothers and a few other Hermes kids 'bought' from the nearest Home Depot. My Cabin would animate these. 

The Demeter Cabin had it's doors wide open, and many campers were inside, decorating pumpkins. 

The Pegasi were painted to look like skeletal horses, though some Pegasi seemed angry about it. 

Several of the younger campers were running around Camp in groups of two, holding maps and buckets of candy.

"Camp's been bustling with activities", Sam stated the obvious, "Everyone's happy. It's like the war isn't even a thing".

Sam's eyes glistened with admiration. He had lived his whole life away from the world, so seeing how so many campers were all together and enjoying the festivities despite there being a war going on probably made him ecstatic. 

"Sam!", Bentlee yelled from the porch of the Dionysus Cabin. 

"What?!", Sam yelled back.

"Come over here, idiot!", she got up from the rocking chair and walked into the Cabin. 

Sam's mouth hung open.

"What happened?", I asked him.

Sam shook his head, "Uh- erm- I'll tell you later".

He ran off to the Dionysus Cabin, almost running over a blonde kid. He apologized quickly, and started to jog away. 

The blonde kid turned around to face us. 

Kieran waved at us and dragged Luan with him to where we were.

Half of Kieran's head was in bandages. He was dressed up as Miraculous Ladybug, while Luan had the Cat Noir costume.