The Sanctum Sanctorum

Travel through the Quantum Realm was jarring for the passengers. The tunnel of multicolored lights flashed by them in a dizzying manner until they were deposited on the other side, into their respective destinations.

Tony, Steve, Bruce and Scott emerged in New York just as Loki's Chitauri force was flooding the place. The four of them had emerged in an alley adjacent to where the big battle was underway. Steve watched as their past selves stood in a circle together, prepared to face anything as a team.

"You guys looked great," Scott said as his helmet retracted and he stared straight ahead.

The original Avengers faced impossible odds together, and though it was tempting to watch history play out, Tony turned away and faced his team. "Okay, Park Avenue's that way. Let's huddle up. Suits off."

Each of them tapped the cuff on their suits, retracting them and revealing their uniforms beneath.

"Alright," Steve said in a businesslike voice. "We've got our assignments. There are two stones uptown and one downtown. We need to stay low and keep an eye on our time here."

Just then, the Hulk of the past slammed down onto the pavement and bounded down the street, tearing apart everything in his path.

"Was I really that destructive?" Bruce asked with a shake of his head.

Tony laid a hand on his arm and nodded. "You sure were, buddy."

"Bruce, the Time Stone is at the Sanctum Sanctorum," Steve went on. "You remember its location. Get in there and do whatever you have to do to get it. Stay in constant contact with us."

"Will do." Bruce bounded off, making sure to move lightly and stay out of sight.

"Alright," Steve said, turning to the others. "That means we need to get to Stark Tower. The Space and Time Stones will be there. If we time this right we can get them both without breaking a sweat."

Bruce found the Sanctum easily enough. Leaping on top of the roof, he made for the entrance, even as a hooded figure approached him from behind.

"I'd be careful going that way."

Hulk turned around to find that a tall woman with a shaved head and a composed expression was standing behind him.

"Hulk does what hulk wants!" Bruce spoke up, imitating his previous self.

"Yes, I suppose that would be the case, knowing you," she said calmly.

In the distance, the past Hulk landed on a Chitauri chariot and began to tear it into pieces before leaping away with the fragments.

Bruce's eyes widened and he smiled sheepishly.

"I suppose you have an explanation for that?" the woman asked.

Deciding to give up the facade, Bruce went for a more diplomatic approach. "I'm here to find Dr. Strange. Ma'am."

The woman smiled and shook her head. "I'm afraid your early."

"How early?"

The woman's smile broadened. "Oh, by about five years." She turned and pointed in the direction of a distant hospital. "Stephen Strange is currently performing surgery. He has steady nerves to be doing it in this crisis. What do you want of him?"

Bruce started to speak when he noticed the amulet he'd seen Strange wearing. It was hanging from the woman's neck. "Well, that, actually," he said as he pointed.

The woman's easy smile shifted to a more guarded one. "I'm afraid not."

Bruce began to feel desperate as the woman took a step away from him. Hanging from her neck was one of the six vital pieces to fixing everything. He couldn't let her keep it away from him. Though he hated the idea of taking things that didn't belong to him, when he thought of the destruction and mayhem he had brought in the past, stealing something seemed a small offense in the grand scheme. "I'm so sorry for this. I really mean no harm and don't mean to offend you. But I wasn't asking for that. I...I need it."