iii

The hospital bed housed an unconscious Everestt, her ginger hair tied up in bun. Jackson had almost had a heart attack when she fainted. He blamed himself; he blamed himself for being such a bad friend of one day that he couldn't even stop her from having a panic attack... or anxiety attack. He still didn't know the difference. It was all the same to him.

After Everestt had fainted Jackson fumbled around in her pocket hoping to find someone to call on her phone. Stumbling with his hands, he called the first person on her contact list. Her mum.

So, when a blonde haired woman walked in with a neatly cut bob he immediately sat up straighter wanting to make a good impression on his new friend's mum. "First impressions always count", thought Jackson.

"You must be the young man who find my daughter, who apparently can't breath without someone coaching her.", the insult slipped through Karen's mouth with such ease. Jackson was thrown off by the insult. He was grateful that Everett wasn't awake to hear this, it would break her. 

Little did he know, that Everestt had heard nastier insults all her life.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -

Everestt found her way to her first lesson; maths. The one thing that allowed her to focus and concentrate. The one thing that she was good at. At least that's what her Mother constantly repeated to her. It was almost like a catchy ringtone inside of Everestt's head by now. 

After being discharged from the hospital she hadn't tried to contact Jackson in fear that she might of scared him off. She didn't want to deal with the rejection, the humiliation was already enough. So when she gently pushed the door open of her classroom, she made sure to keep her head down and sit in the front row. He normally sits in the back.

Despite not looking back, she could feel his warm brown eyes drilling holes into the back of her head. Other classmates were oblivious to the thick tension but she was aware of it.

As the teacher began the lesson Everestt decided she wouldn't be that timid girl anymore. After the lesson she was going to talk to him. It was a done deal.

sorry for being gone for so long but im back and im on summer holiday so be prepared for  daily updates!