Acceptance

Fintan and Gisela were back at Eternalia, sitting casually on their thrones in Tribunal Hall and talking. The four traitorous Councillors and Amori were reclining near them, and Amori had a part in the duo's plans.

"I can do that." The Flasher agreed to causing mayhem near Gildingham.

"Excellent. Now that that's out of the way, what do we do with Vespera?" Fintan wondered.

"You two can come up with something, I'm sure. Two brilliant minds, of course." Amori proclaimed his confidence in them.

"Even if you're lying, thanks. Your brother never said any of that." Fintan told him.

Gisela suddenly let out a sharp gasp, and strange darkness, like a deep gray mist swirled up her arms.

"What is going on?" Fintan whirled to her, alarmed.

Her expression froze. "None of your concern, Pyren. Maybe if you actually tried to be a leader, you'd be a good one. Or else, you just might end up in your favorite spot: the dungeon."

He gave her a look of confusion, but she wasn't finished.

"And I can relax to the sound of your pained screams. Too bad Blaze isn't alive; he could have joined you. And then I can get double the relaxation, maybe even throw a few knives myself." With a cruel snicker, she leaned back in her throne imperiously.

"Does anybody know what's going on?" Amori wondered, eyes wide as Fintan hung his head limply, Gisela's stabbing remarks doing their job.

Gisela sneered at him. "Your opinion isn't needed or wanted. Maybe you could shut up like your brother did when in a tough situation."

"Didn't he just talk to make it worse?" Amori questioned, now confused over multiple things at once.

"Not all." She shot him a venomous sneer, then rose. "I don't have time to spend around you wastes of abilities, anyway."

With that, Gisela waltzed out, turning to give them one last final glare. And as she did, the fight fell out of her eyes as she realized what had happened.

Instead of glaring, she just turned and left. 

Fintan, who had looked up and caught the look, stood and rushed after her with a "This meeting is now dismissed."

"You're a dark empath personality." Fintan said, the second they were alone and he had caught up to her.

"That I am. One of few." Gisela responded coldly without any inclination that she wanted a talk.

"B-but-"

"Keefe was supposed to be one, as well. A literal dark empath, not just the personality. And I did my best to make sure he already has the personality." She continued, almost haltingly, as if she wasn't sure this information was to be shared. "That portion of his legacy has not been fulfilled yet, but I've applied the compassion whilst my husband added on the dark traits. He's a broken boy, and it won't be long until he's shattered so I can repair him."

"But, then you'd be a reverse dark empath."

"No, I'm a good actress." The Polygot told him with an unfriendly, sinister grin.

"That you are." Fintan agreed, nerves creeping up on him.

"And I know your plan, Fintan." She went on calmly.

"What plan?" He tried to feign with a confused expression.

"To stab us all in the back and become sole king of the Lost Cities. You really didn't think I would notice? I am the epitome of schemes and backstabbing. There was never a Duarchy, was there?" She said, one hundred percent correct.