A Dedication

Fighter nudged Tutor with his elbow to get his attention before gesturing for him to look over at Zon. They both chuckled at the sight of Zon staring dreamily at Saifah with a stupid grin on his face.

"Hey Zon," said Tor as he knocked on the bar top. "Do you like the platform we built?"

"Huh? The platform? Yeah, it's great," replied Zon without taking his eyes from the one performing on it.

"I can see you're fully enjoying the view from the bar tonight, but do you perhaps want to order a drink? I know you're infatuated, but you can take your eyes off him for a minute or two, he won't disappear."

Zon turned to Tutor, his cheeks flushed pink. Had he been staring that obviously? "Can you get me a beer?" he asked trying to act composed.

"So, how are things going between you two?" Tutor asked as he handed a cold bottle of beer to Zon. "I saw you two went on a date on Saturday. Are you seeing each other now?"

"What!?" Zon almost spat out the sip of beer he'd taken. "It wasn't a date!"

Tutor raised a brow as he pulled out his phone and opened a group chat before handing the phone to Zon. "Day and Hwa saw you out with Saifah and took photos. You're lucky I told them not to disturb the both of you. But just look at those pictures, ask anyone and they will say you look like a couple on a date."

As he scrolled through them, Zon blushed and smiled. He didn't have any photos of him and Saifah, as he'd been too scared to ask Saifah to take a selfie with him. "Can I send myself these photos?"

"Wow," Tutor said flatly. He couldn't believe Zon wasn't even trying to hide or deny anything. But as he couldn't remember the last time he saw Zon so happy and confident, he refrained from teasing him. "Of course you can, they're of you. Why don't you send them to Saifah as well?"

Zon's face lit up. "Ah, right! I should do that."

Tutor was amazed at how in just a week Zon had gone from being moody and insecure to being a smiling fool. "So what's happening between you guys? Are you doing the friends first thing? Even though it's obvious you're completely besotted."

Handing back the phone, Zon let out a soft sigh as he looked over at Saifah singing. "We both like each other, and enjoy spending time together. For now that's enough, I guess. He seems to wanna take things slow, and I don't want to rush him for more. It's only been a week after all."

"Even though you want more?"

"Of course I do. I want to hug and kiss him so badly at times. But I sense there's a reason he's holding back, and so I'll wait until he says he wants us to be lovers."

Tutor closed his mouth that had fallen open and clapped his hands. "Wow Zon, I never thought I'd hear you speak so honestly about such things in public," he said with a shake of his head. "You must really like him."

"Mmm. I do." I really do, he added in thought before taking a sip of his beer. He gave a small smile in response to Tutor squeezing his shoulder. With his friend returning to serving customers, Zon turned his attention back to Saifah. Each time he looked across the room and their eyes met, Zon's heart would swell with the immeasurable feelings he had for him. More than anything he wanted to be able to show and express how he felt, but he would wait. He just hoped Saifah wouldn't keep him waiting too long.

"Another great performance," said Tutor with a mild applause as Saifah approached the bar.

"Thanks," he replied as he set his guitar down and sat on a stool next to Zon. "Though Tor, I won't be able to play here the Monday after next. Thought I should let you know in advance."