Chapter 19

Jackson POV

I wish I could take the pain away from Cil, but she had to do it by herself.
She was on her hand and knee as excruciating pain started to reshape her form.
The whole shifting process wasn't long but the first time is always painful and a bit lengthier.
Cil's claws began extending as she gripped the ground for dear life. I felt so useless, unable to help or ease her pain.
I cheered her on letting her know she was doing great and it would soon be over. As her body twisted and reshaped itself, she lifted her head and growled an animalistic growl as the tears ran down her face.
My heart was bleeding, seeing her in so much pain. All I wanted to do was comfort her, but I couldn't. I had to wait until she shifted fully.
After the longest couple of minutes of my life, it was finally over, her groans and screams had subsided. She did it.
She has successfully shifted for the first time and my heart was now overflowing with joy.
As I examined her wolf I was at a loss for words.

"What's wrong Jay? Is everything ok?"
She was able to mind link now.
"Yes, it's just that you're spectacular."
I said running my fingers through her silver fur as it glistened like diamond under the moonlight.
Yes her wolf was silver.
I have never seen a silver wolf before it was unheard of.
Everything with Cil is always unpredictable and extraordinary.
She was rubbing her head against my legs and Raff was on the verge of losing it, so I shifted.
As she lovingly rubbed her head against Raff's neck, he howled to the moon in appreciation for finally having his mate; she also joined in the howl.
A few moments later howl was heard coming from the distance.
"Are you feeling ok?"

"Yes. Superb"
She replied.
"Jade wants control; she wants to spend time with Raff if that's ok?"
"Yes, it's okay. Raff is driving me nuts asking for control. So let them have their way. They've waited long enough."
As we both gave our wolf control they embraced themselves in longing embrace.
Raff licked Jade's face as she leaned into him.
Jade turned and used her tail to rub against Raff's face as she ran off down the mountain. She is such a tease just like Cil. Raff loves the chase just like me, and at the end of this chase, he will be rewarded.
So he wasted no time sprinting after her.

When Raff finally caught up to her she was at a waterfall taking a drink of water. She walked up beside her to have a drink himself.
She licked his ear and bit it slightly, telling him she was ready.
"You work fast, you cheeky dog."
I teased Raff.

"Don't blame me because your game is lame."
I laughed.
"Now sit back and watch how it's done."
He blocked me out so I could only see what was happening but couldn't communicate with him.

I saw Jade turn around and lift her tail and Raff mounted her, and boy was it rough.
Jade seemed to be enjoying it.
All of it.
What?
I watched because he watched when Cil and I were doing it. It's not like he can leave the room, we are one in the same person, the only thing is that we can mute each other.

Cilicia POV

It was really painful shifting last night but it was worth it. Jade and Raff did the nasty, and my word, did they get down.
It was eye-opening, to say the least. Jade said they had to show us that we weren't the only ones that could bogie like that.
She is going to be a handful full, to say the least.
I felt complete and alive, ready to take on the world.

"Now, why couldn't I have a normal colour wolf like everyone else? No, I had to have a colour wolf no one had ever seen before.
I had to have a silver wolf."
I asked Jade annoyed.
"Yep, that's right bitch we ain't regular. So quit your whining and know we are special."
I just laugh knowing she was correct.

Cilest and Lucian were off trying to find out why Jade had that colour and would return as soon as they had any answers.
Everyone had their plates full preparing for this war. I don't like war because lives will be lost on both sides, good and bad. I wish it didn't have to go this way.

Training was the most important thing now so everyone was preparing for the inevitable.
The location of the rogue headquarters was narrowed down to an area that had dark magic keeping it hidden but thanks to Cilest for uncovering it.
They were in the White Woods; the area is huge and unpopular, which makes it a perfect hideout.
The area was dry and barren with deadly terrains. Cilest said the area was crawling with rogues, thousands of them. They had human children as slaves, who were kept in cages like animals. Female wolves and humans were bounded and raped repeatedly.
The site was a living hell.
I wanted to kill that Geraldo so bad that I could almost taste his bitter rouge blood.

It has been two months, and the alphas are still going back and forth on when to attack the rogues.
It's getting on my last nerves.
We were in another meeting again and frankly, it was going no way.

The doors of the conference room were flung open violently.
In walked Beta Thomas's son, bloodied and beaten.
"Who did this to you, Tony?"
His father was now seeing red because of the state his pup was in. I don't blame him.
His wounds had already started to heal but one long gash along his back was oozing blood and won't stop. That means whatever made that cut was covered in wolf's bane.
"Thomas take him to the infirmary right away!"
Alpha Nic ordered.

"No that can wait..."
You could see on Tony's face that he was in pain.
"Rouges attack my border patrol...I was the only one who made it out alive...."

"What?"
Was the unified reply of everyone in the room.
Those assholes had to nerve to attack one of the strongest packs in the region.

"I was cut with wolf's bane before I could mind link for help... I didn't want to risk shifting and causing more damage so I had to fight in human form..."

See what I mean when I say they are taking too damn long to make up their minds on a plan of attack.

"Ok, son you did great."
Alpha Nic was trying really hard not to lose his temper.
"Thomas, take him to the infirmary right away, later after he's taken care of, he can fill us in on the details.
No more planning and stalling we attack those sons of a bitches."

Yes.
Finally!

"Before I go there's one more thing that you should know.
They had someone working and feeding them information on the inside."
Tony turned to face me, with pity in his eyes.

Why the fuck is he looking at me like that I'm not giving information to no damn rouges.
They want me dead remember?
Now everyone's train of sight was on me.
"I am so sorry Cilicia."

"Why are you sorry?"
I am confused now.
What the heck is he sorry about?

"Kara is the person working with the rogues."

I started laughing hysterically.
"Did you just say Kara was working with the rogues?
That is the most upsurge thing I've ever heard. The wolfsbane in your blood must be affecting your eyes because my Kara would never."
Maybe he's just mad at Kara for not having that 3-some with him and his father, and now trying to get back at her.

Alpha Nic, or should I say granddad, lovingly placed his arm around me as I continued babbling in denial.
He then showed me footage of what took place.
What I saw broke my heart and made me sick to my stomach.
Yes, my Kara, my redhead, my best friend, was helping the rogue,s, no doubt about it.
But deep down I still held on to the faintest of hope that Kara could explain this entire situation.
Without a word, I left the meeting.
I was determined to get to the bottom of this.
I know what I saw but I didn't believe it with my heart.
So there was only one thing to do and I know Jackson's gonna be pissed.
I went to my room, arranged an overnight bag, and disappeared into the woods, determined to find Kara.

Oh, My goddess, I don't know what or where I am going, but I pray that this is the right choice.