Chapter 10

Jackson POV

Cilicia was now fast asleep in my room. We had dinner and she came up to my room so I could explain everything thing and answer all her burning questions. But with the night she had last night and then all day in the meeting and no sleep she was physically and sexually drained.
I had called Kara to let her know what was up so she could look after things for Cil, but Kara had anticipated that this would happen, and she already had everything covered. She will stop by to see Cil tomorrow and carry a change of clothes for Cil to wear to the closing meeting tomorrow afternoon.

I was happy that Cilest and Lucian showed up when they did. I was about ready to rip that pup to shreds for talking about Cil like that.
Cilest is one of the oldest and most powerful witches there is. She's also overly dramatic, but she's a close friend.
We became friends when I saved a young witch from 3 rogues who were trying to kill her. That young witch just happened to be Cilest's daughter. Most alphas would just let the rogue kill her and then kill the rogues because wolves and witches aren't the best of friends and they were trespassing on my property, but I am not like most alphas.

Lucian is a vampire, and even though wolves and vampires give each other a wide margin, I am honoured to call him a close friend.
His loyalty is second to none, plus I love it when he and Cilest bicker.

Well, technically all supernatural beings stick to their kind. We don't cross into each other territory unless invited unless you're looking to be killed. Our only common ground is human territory because that's the only thing we have in common. Humans can have werewolf, witch, or vampire mates, while we supernatural beings can only mate with humans and our kind.
It is deadly for two supernatural creatures to mate; they can fuck all they want, but if they try to fully mate, they both die. This is to prevent us from creating hybrid creatures because only fully mated pairs can produce offspring.
The mating process is completed when canines pierce the flesh at the base of the neck, drawing blood. It is then sealed with the tongue. The scar then heals into the small mated symbol. For wolves, the symbol is a half wolf half moon circle.
The cases where a partner is human, the other supernatural partner alone would do the biting, but both counterparts end up with identical scars no matter the case.

I can't wait to mark Cil, to let the world know she is mine.
Mine and mine alone.

Cilicia was snoring lightly as she unconsciously snuggled into my chest. I had changed her into one of my T-shirts which looked like a dress on her. I was a bit frightened to see a pair of daggers strapped to her thighs. I gently removed them and placed them on the bedside table next to her.
My mate badass!
I kissed her forehead, pulled her close, and covered us with the covers as I, too, faded off into a peaceful sleep.

I awoke to the most welcoming sight. My mate nestled in my chest as she slept. I closed my eyes, inhaled her scent, and thanked the goddess that I finally found her.
She shifted a little making the covers settle just below her butt, and what I was now looking at made my already hard cock twice as hard. My t-shirt that she was wearing was now bundled at her waist leaving her sexy ass bare. She was wearing a black thong and all I would think about was pulling it to the side and sinking my cock deep inside her from behind.
Fuck!
I didn't want to wake her, so I opted for a cold shower instead, my mate needed her sleep.

I asked Aunt Mary to send up some breakfast.
Soon a helper from the kitchen arrived with it.
I was just done setting up the breakfast on the balcony when two little arms wrapped around my waist.
"Morning Cupcake."
As I turned to face her and pulled into my chest.
I tried to kiss her but she covered her mouth with her hands.

"I have morning breath, Jay I need to brush my teeth first,"
she said pushing me away.

I smiled at her nickname for me and informed her there was a spare toothbrush on the sink.
After she returned from the bathroom, I grabbed her, giving her an earth-shattering kiss that had her toes curling.