Chapter 17

Jackson POV

I couldn't comprehend what had happened or how it was possible.
I had so many questions.
I hope Cilest will be able to enlighten us on what's going on with Cil because nothing in werewolf history or the libraries can explain why or how Cil marked me.
I still can't get over the fact that she howled to the moon with me; even though it was shocking, it was also mystical.

Cil is just full of surprises.
I reached over and placed my hands on her bare leg and watched the goosebumps attack her body, even though she was asleep.

We were currently in Crescent Plain for the meetings that were scheduled for tomorrow, but you know me, I liked being a day early.

Cil had spent the day hanging with Kara and her friends.
I spent the day trying to explain to alpha Nic and Luna Mary that it was Cil who had marked me.
It was not going well.
Hopefully tomorrow, Cilest can tell us what is going on.
Cil snored lightly and snuggled into my chest, I threw the blanket over her as I drifted off.

Cilicia POV

Some very weird shit has been happening that no one seems to can explain.
It felt like when I woke up from the coma, my body and senses were constantly surprising me, and this time, it was worse.
It's like my abilities have gone haywire from the other night. I still can't wrap my head around how I was able to mark Jackson and howl to the moon when am not a wolf. It makes no sense at all. It is completely ludicrous. All I knew was that after Jackson bit my neck, I felt the compelling urge to do the same to him, and I did.
The same with the howling, it felt so gratifying.
I tried howling again after but it wasn't happening.
I am frustrated, confused, and scared.
No one seemed to have any idea what was going on with me.
There is a voice in my subconscious trying to communicate with me and I  am scared as fuck to have any communication with it.
What if I am going crazy?
What the hell is happening to me?
Jackson said that maybe Cilest would be able to help.
I hope she can.

I had spent the whole day yesterday with the gang, trying to get my mind off what's been happening to me lately.
But I had to go through everything that had happened in the last couple of weeks. As you already know they are a nosey bunch.
They all said that I should have killed Rebecca, but I don't know why something deep within said I needed to give her a chance.
Everyone had their own theories about what was happening to me.
I liked Jake's theory the best. He said that while I was in a coma the moon goddess visited with me and granted me my abilities because I was to be paired with an alpha. It far fetched but I still liked it.

I wish I could carry them all with me when I was going home.
I never realized how much I missed these suckers.

When I woke up this morning, Jackson was already gone. I rolled over and checked the time it was 8:30 am and the meeting was to start at 9 am.
Why didn't he wake me?
That fucker.
Now I have to rush to be on time.
I took a quick shower, and as I exited the bathroom, I received a text from Jackson.

Morning cupcake,
you up?

Nope.
Still asleep, and
am texting from my dream.

Very funny.

Why didn't you wake me
Am gonna be late.

You seemed tired so I let you sleep.
The meeting is pushed back to 4 this evening.

Ok.
I've just had a bath and right now
I am naked and dripping wet.
Want to come and help me dry off?