Chapter 11: Before The Storm

[Later that night]

It was the final night before the Valkyrie Exams tomorrow as while Alex was just sat down on the couch watching television, all around was quite loud as behind him at the dining table was Kiana having last minute studies.

Now Alex had been told that Kiana wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed and Alex at least thought that Kiana was at least competent enough.

After finding out that she was so awful at almost every class, and the fact that right now she was pratically being tutored by everyone else in the household was pratically unbelievable for Alex.

'Just how can someone be so rock bottom stupid?' Thought Alex.

Eventually the tutoring session finally ended as Himeko informed the three girls to get a good night's rest for tomorrow's exam.

With that the girls all went up to their's rooms with Himeko and Theresa eventually going to their rooms.

That left Alex at the living room on his own with Fu Hua still in the kitchen as she was washing dishes.

Soon Fu Hua had finished as she walked over to the sofa and sat down next to Alex.

"You not gonna sleep right now?" Asked Fu Hua.

"Seeing as I have no plans tomorrow and will be on my own, I figured I could stay up a little longer." Said Alex. "What about you? Shouldn't you already be going to bed? Being the class monitor I assume that you'll be playing a major role in these exams." Said Alex.

"I am indeed. However I just wanted to inform you that Himeko and Theresa wanted me to give you this." Said Fu Hua.

She then handed Alex a white envelope that was sealed.

Alex grabbed and then opened it, pulling out a letter that said:

"Dear Alex Mustang. On behalf of Principal Theresa Apocalypse from St. Freya High, we'd like for you to be a special guest and attend St. Freya High's Valkyrie Exams as a spectator."

From Major Murata Himeko of St. Freya High School.

As Alex finished reading he put the letter back into the note and closed it before looking at Fu Hua.

"What's this all about? There has to be a reason as to why they're inviting me?" Asked Alex.

"Well, Theresa still wanted to repay you somehow after failing to fully pay of your contract for the Selene mission. So she decided to have you come attend the physical section of the exams as a spectator. You'll be sitting in a sectioned off area from the students alongside Rita Rossweisse. She's the special guest on behalf of Otto Apocalypse." Said Fu Hua.

'Huh. So I'll be seated with that maid from earlier today.' Thought Alex.

After thinking about it for a while long, he flipped the note around in his hand before holding it between two fingers as he looked at Fu Hua giving her a smile.

"Alright then sure why not. I'll be there." Said Alex.

"Thank you Alex. I'll inform Principal Theresa and Himeko tomorrow morning. One last thing, I'll be sent here to pick you up just before noon tomorrow that way you'll be in the stands just in time." Said Fu Hua.

Alex nodded and bid Fu Hua a goodbye as she walked off to her room getting ready to sleep.

Eventually after watching television for a few minutes more, Alex finally decided to go to bed as he turned off the television and then the lights in the living room as he walked up the flight of stairs and entered Bronya's room as the girl herself was already sound asleep.