Chapter 44: Breaking God

A couple of hours had passed as the group of five consisting of Alex, Himeko, Mei, Bronya, and Theresa were preparing themselves physically but most importantly, mentally.

With how Einstein had described this upcoming operation, this was genuinely the make or break moment for the entire mission.

Before Einstein had left with Tesla, she had handed everyone earpieces to inform them when she was in position as well as once Void would reappear again.

Eventually, the time had arrived as a buzz was heard from the piece until Einstein's voice came through for all of them.

"Everyone, its time. The Herrscher has appeared again. Me and Tesla have almost have the Selene in prime position so go out there and buy us time."

Eventually every got up and left the room except Alex, who just stayed on the couch, seemingly thinking to himself.

Himeko noticed this right before she walked out as she walked over to him.

"Don't tell me you're getting second thoughts right now kid." Said the redhead in a light joking matter.

"It's, not that." Replied the boy before looking at the faded out Honkai Poisoning markings and the bandages around his stomach where he had been stabbed earlier.

"It's just, what if I'm a liability out there? My wound is still pretty recent so I might aggravate it. That and, what if I contract Honkai Poisoning again?" Asked the boy, having genuine doubts about this whole ordeal.

This prompted Himeko to sit next to him as she patted his back.

"Keep your head up kid. Trust me, we're all worried about this. Even I am as well. We all don't wanna be the ones that end up blowing our only opportunity at changing fate, however, we all just need to head into this as cool headed as possible, and not forcefully overdo anything. After all, our job is to only stall for time, not take it down ourselves. Everything's led up to this moment, so we might as well make the most of it."

Alex took all of what she said in as he sighed before standing up. "Yeah you're right. Sorry for wasting time. Let's go."

The two walked out and linked up with the other three where Himeko had them line up and stand in front of them.

"Alright. It's all come to this you four. Our last opportunity to put and end to Overseer Otto's plans and save Kiana. Whatever happens out there, I just wanna say that you four's contributions are greatly accepted. There's no one else I'd rather work alongside with than you all." Said Himeko before clearing her throat. "Now then, onwards to the Herrscher!"

The five began to make their way to where Void had reportedly been located.

It took a while but eventually they all arrived at the place of what could be the final battle, Void was there just ahead, hovering in the air with her arms behind her back, back facing the group as she sighed.

"Time and time again, no matter how many times I inflict pain, catastrophes, and claim lives, you humans just keep regrouping and come back. Just stick to the script, that fate you're all resounded to and die. Regardless if I'm against one, two, four, or even a whole army of you, you all are still nothing more than insects to me."

With that being said, Void turned around to face the group, a smirk across her face.

"Now then, who's willing to step up to the late first?" She asked.

Himeko immediately stepped forward and began to approach the Herrscher.

As Void was prepared to easily dodge or even block, she was caught off guard when a combination of Project Bunny's missiles, Alex's alchemical projectiles, and Judah's chains all rushed at the Herrscher.