Chapter 25: A Misunderstanding

When that thought came across Alex's mind, he didn't wanna believe it at first, but all the evidence made him think otherwise.

Though he wasn't born yet at the time, Alex had read numerous books and had been told many things about the 2nd Honkai Eruption.

'There's no denying it at this point. That thing Theresa was using is a time traveling device, and me and Kiana accidentally ended up getting sucked into it.' Thought Alex.

Right as he was gonna turn back to tell Kiana what he has found out, Kiana had already walked up behind him as she spoke.

"Wow! What an amazing view! Did you figure out anything?" She asked.

Since Alex didn't expect Kiana to suddenly appear behind him, he yelped in shock and tripped over the edge off the cliff.

"A-Alex!" Shouted Kiana as she reached down and grabbed his hand but that just caused both off them to fall off and down the cliff as eventually their descent ended as they crashed onto the snowy floor below.

After a thud was heard, Kiana opened her eyes and looked up and around to see that even though they fell to a lower level, they were still in the snowy forest.

"A-Alex where are you!? You okay!?" She asked as she hadn't seen him yet.

She then received an answer as she heard a muffled sound underneath her.

She looked down to see that she had somehow landed on top of Alex and due to the height difference with Alex being shorter than her, Kiana's chest ended up landing ontop of Alex's face.

Kiana immediately blushed and immediately got off and was about to kick Alex away before the boy managed to dodge the kick and get up himself.

"Hey what the hell were you gonna kick me for!?" He shouted.

"Don't act dumb you pervert! You know what you did!" She shouted back.

"Are you accusing me that I did that on purpose!?"

"Of course you did that on purpose!"

The two continued to bicker back and forth about the scene until Alex heard the sound of someone walking through the snow nearby as he immediately grabbed Kiana as the two hid behind a tree as he immediately told her to quiet down.

"Ssh. Zip it. Someone's nearby." He said.

Kiana nodded as the two took a peek moving their heads to the side of the tree trunk looking to see who was approaching the area.

After a bit of waiting, the two were shocked to see that it was non other than Theresa who was walking by the area as she was seemingly talking into a device.

"Failed to intercept the target. I got injured fighting her. Currently I'm barely able to move. The target is heading to Babylon Labs. All Valkyries, make your way to the target location ASAP!" Said Theresa as she continued to walk away, deeper into the forest as she eventually was out of sight.

"We gotta go follow her and tell her that we got sucked into that machine of hers!" Said Kiana.

Alex, realizing that the Theresa they saw wasn't their own but rather the one from the past, immediately tried to discourage her.

"H-Hey Kiana I don't think we should. There's something I gotta-." He was saying before he saw Kiana run off after where they saw Theresa went to.

Alex just groaned as quickly began to follow her.

Eventually after a bit the two left the forest momentarily and entered a rather open area as the two noticed a shining glow up ahead.

After slowly approaching it, they saw Theresa kneeled down on the ground, placing a hand on her shoulder where the glow was coming from as she spoke to herself.