chapter 3

"Jendeukie? I know you are there. Can you open up? I brought dinner" Jisoo spoke into the lock system of Jennie's penthouse elevator. She waited a few secs to no avail. She once again tried putting in the code she remembered as the younger's into the keypad.

But as she had thought, it wasn't a mistake it had been changed. Jisoo sighed and fetched her phone to give the younger another ring but someone had beat her to it. She swiped green and lifted the phone to her ear.

"Hyun-unnie. Hey..." She spoke in an apathetic tone. 

"Chi, where are you?" Joohyun asked. 

"Jendeukie's place.....well outside." Jisoo said leaning on the side wall. "She still won't open up."

"Hmm. I was making dinner to bring it to her." 

"Ah, I brought some with me. But I think I'll have to take them back like breakfast and lunch..... I am worried unnie. It's been two days." Jisoo sighed putting the bag of food on the ground. 

"I am too Chi-ya, still can't figure out the code?" Joohyun asked.

"Who are you speaking to?" A different voice spoke from behind Irene.

"It's Chi. She is at Nini's. I guess I don't have to go there today. But Nini hasn't let her in. What to do Seul?"

"Yo Jis? Did you try calling her" Seulgi called placing her chin on Joohyun's shoulder. Joohyun pulled the phone away from her ear so that Seulgi could speak into it too. 

"Seul, I did. I saw her online, But she won't pick it up." Jisoo said checking her watch again. It was nearing 9. 

"The code's not you guys birthday anymore? Maybe a different combination." Seulgi asks. 

"I tried all 24. I entered other dates I could remember too. Hell, I failed so many times that I fear this thing might alert police or something? Or....maybe it already did? omg" Jisoo said suddenly looking around in slight panic. 

"Ahaha. Nah, your Jendeuk won't allow that. She knows you are there, try something else ...like a bad date? A date she hates or somethin- OHH I KNOW! I know. Try entering your anniversery. Yours and Soojoo's." 

"SEULGI!" Joohyun scolded her wife but with a hint of amusement. The younger grinned and wrapped her hands around the older's waist. 

"What~ You never know?" 

 "Come on Seul. Nini must be hurting. Don't joke aroun-

"It opened."

"WHAT???" 

"What?"

 Jisoo pulled her phone away from her ear at the simultaneous screeching from the other end. Well it was mostly Joohyun, in utter shock and Seulgi with an airy laugh.

"It was our anniversary. How did you guess that, Kang?? ....Nevermind, I am going inside" Jisoo said, the otherside remained silent other than Seulgi's laugh. "Talk to you guys later? I'll tell her to call you unnie. 'Night." Saying so she ended the call. 

"Wait Chi- Gosh this girl..... Oh lord Seul can you please don't laugh. Ugh I can't tell if you are crying or laughing" Joohyun said pinching Seulgi's stomach.

"Oww. I am sorryyy. But haha....oh lord I was only half joking. But her hatred for Soojoo and JiJoo relationship really overpowered her sadness. Haha." Seulgi said earning a stomp on her foot.

"It did not! She must have changed in a hurry and it was probably the date that came to her mind first. Or she wanted a code that people wouldn't guess easily." Joohyun reasoned.