Chapter 01: Mistakes

(Literally gonna be making this as I go, because I just felt like some anguish but I'm probably gonna suck at it after becoming too impatient for the pairing

Oh well... here we go.

Wish me luck~! 😅

P.S. This was inspired by An_Elf_Person book "Finally Back To Me Darling")

~oOo~

Word Text:

He made a mistake. A great and terrible mistake.

"Kudou Shinichi, I love you."

One he would do anything to take back.

"I'm sorry KID, but I love Ran."

He lied.

"It's OK Tantei-kun, I was only joking~"

No... No, he wasn't.

"Yeah... right..."

For a detective who always sought out the truth, why did he accept such a hurtful and obvious lie?

... ~... ~...

"Shinichi! I- I love you!"

Did she? Even after all the missed calls and empty promises.

"Yeah. Me too Ran."

Lies. They were such liar's.

... ~... ~...

Forced joined hands, awkward kisses, uncomfortable conversations.

Is this really what he fought so long and hard for?

Is this what he truly wanted?

Was this what she wanted?

Did they really get this wrong?

... ~... ~...

"Shin-chan! I just heard from Agasa! You're back in your body again! And now dating Ran-chan! Finally! It took you two long enough! *Huff!* Exactly when we're you going to give your dear mother the news! My little Shin-chan finally having a girlfriend~! Oh! I've got to call Eri-chan, and then we-"

His mother went off chatting away to her silent son who's mind seemed to blank out.

" - oh Shinichi, you must be so happy-"

Was... Was he happy? He should be, right?

" - you and Ran-chan were meant to be-"

Yeah... Him and Ran were always meant to be together. He knew that his parents knew it, even all his friends knew that too.

"... Yeah. You're right Mom. Me and Ran."

He knew his future. Dreamed of this future once upon a time.

When did that change?

Looking absently at the open window, watching the wind's breeze flutter through the white curtains.

White. A long white cape, fluttering to the night winds. A full moon high above and sharing its glow with a man untouched by the law.

Oh...

He screwed up.

... ~... ~...

Could one realise such a world-shattering realisation and not do anything about it?

Kudou Shinichi could.

And why?

Because he was a coward. A coward who wasn't capable of admiring the truth before him until he pushed it away.