Chapter 10

Katniss POV:
As I get out of the hovercraft I walk to my doorstep. I slowly open the door to my victors village house. I start to wonder what Haymitch might be doing so before I take of my coat and boots I just walk outside and start walking to Haymitch's house. When I reach Haymitch's house I bang on the door, yell Haymitch! and open the door. He's sitting lazily on a brown leather recliner. " Hey sweetheart your finally back" Haymitch says. " Well that's me in the flesh, and hey is Peeta ok?" I ask. " Oh ya sweetheart he's fine".
I walk to Peeta's house and slowly knock on the door, afraid to know what kind of monster that's not peeta, but the mutt the Capitol made out of him will answer the door. I hear the knock travel through the empty house that only Peeta himself lives there. Heavy footsteps travel through the house and then the door slowly creaks open and I see him. Peeta who's eyes are baby blue and scared unlike normal, his eyes lost that confidence and passion. I notice he lost some weight, He almost looks like when I saw him doing the interviews with Ceaser, worn down, scared, and beaten to bruises and skinny unlike normally where he has more food than he himself can eat.
Peeta opens his mouth like he's just about to say something but unexpectedly I cut him off rudely without meaning too " Oh my god Peeta! What happened to you!" I blurt out. "Look Katniss, I'm really sorry I hurt you" Peeta says. "Oh it was nothing,....... and you didn't answer my quesion" I say with an attitude. "Ugh! Fine, ok I stopped eating to torture myself because I hurt you. I figured if I hurt you I could hurt myself by not eating". "God Peeta! you have to eat or you'll starve to death! Besides it wasn't you, it was the Capitol and President Snow wanting to torture me seeing you hijacked! It wasn't you it was that mutt that tried to kill me not you Peeta Mellark!" Look Katniss I just don't want to hurt you" " Peeta, I would have rather you killed me than seeing you like this in this state!" " I'm sorry Katniss" he says in a soft quiet tone.