Chapter 5

Katniss POV: As I wake up in the morning I think of Peeta and how I miss him and feel a tear roll out of my eye and down my cheek. I decide to get up and get dressed. I walk downstairs and put on my coat and boots. As I walk over to Peeta's house and feel the cold snowflakes hit my face then start to melt. I knock on his front door then open it as I yell "Peeta!" into the emptiness of the house. There is no answer. I walk upstairs and check all the rooms in his house, there is no one in the house. I start walking out of the house and walk to the bakery where that would be the only other place I could think of. There is a closed sign on the front door so I think he's gone to the capitol for his appt. with Dr. Tucker. When I walk into my house the phone rings and its Gale. He told me that he was coming today and he will be here in a few hours and he hangs up. I end up taking some lunch for myself to waste some time before Gale comes. I wait to go hunting today so I can go with Gale. The hour arrives that Gale gets here so I go to the train station to greet hime here to district 12. After he gets unpacked and settled in to his room we go hunting. Gale and I take my bow and sheath of arrows where I normally hide them in the log in the woods. We end up getting 2 squirrels and a wild deer. We walk to the hobb and trade in the things we hunted- the 2 squirrels for a big small ball of yarn and a bit of oil. We get some fish from the head, some bread, fire wood and strawberries for the skin of the deer and the rest of the deer for some real cheese and milk.