Epilogue

Epilogue, let's goooo

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

    A soft breeze made the grass gently sway in it. The sky was darker than usual, no moonlight or stars visible in a dense cloud above. The forest was covered in darkness, and for a moment, he didn't know where he was.

The ground under him was red, covered in whatever was splashed onto it. Blood? It smelt like it...

Where was he? When did he get back to the forest?

He tried to get to his knees before letting out cry of pain as thundering pain seemed to split his skull in half. He grabbed his head, holding it as he pressed it into the palm of his hands.

What happened? Where was Seven? Why weren't they-

He let out another cry of pain. Okay, trying to remember hurts, noted. Okay, deep breath, deep breath, try to think.

Ow, ow ow ow- okay! Okay! Thinking hurts too!

He tried to open his eyes, and just as he suspected, he still had trouble looking out the left one. He looked around the best he could, seeing glass and blood cover the area around him (along with a nasty pile of black gob which he didn't want to ask or think about because OW-).

Maybe he could stand? He shakily moved his hands down to push himself up, but midway through, he lost his balance, falling over.

Okay, new plan.

He carefully crawled to the nearest TV (wait, why was he in a giant ring of them? Why were they all off?), and used it as leverage as he pulled himself up.

Shaky, but a good start. At least he could-- WHOA do NOT look down!

He grabbed the TV frame tighter, nearly falling over. The world around him faded black around the edges, but would dissappear  before it got too bad, but it spun and spun and spun and-

He felt his stomach lurch as he suddenly felt sick from the spinning. He put a hand over his mouth, closing his eyes. Breathe, breathe.

Wait, where was his bag? It wasn't on his face, where could it have-

He spotted it on the ground near where he woke up, well the remains anyways. He frowned when he saw it ripped to shreds, if he was any younger he probably would have cried over it too.

But he couldn't cry anymore, he was one of the older kids now. Older kids didn't cry! ... but older kids also didn't wake up in the forest with blood on the floor, surrounded by broken TVs, with their prized item torn to bits of paper.

Something was wrong, really, really, wrong.

But what it was, he wasn't quiet sure...

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Finished - Apr. 25th, 2021

A shorted epilogue this time, but fun to write never the less.

Anyways, Signal is now finished! Yaaay!

I'll be having a small Trivia page after this up sometime tomorrow and have another fan art gallery page for people who have made fan art for the book. So if you have any fan art, please tag me so I can see and properly credit you!

With that all out of the way, time to announce the new and final book: The Rat and The Tower!

This will be the final book of the series, and if everyone is interested, I might make a prologue book explaining better on Seven, Rain, and Mono's past together.

But, I've rambled on long enough.

Hope you all enjoyed!

Take care!