You're my family too, Bucky bear

Lia's POV con't

James' steel blue eyes stare into Lia's winter blue eyes. His emotions are all mixed together, but the strongest ones she feels are relief and hope.

"Kat wants to meet you. If you'd like, you can come with me and I'll introduce you." He looks down at Lia with surprise. Clearly not expecting her to let him near Kat so soon. Honestly her either, but between Tony's talk and her rant it's helped her to make this choice.

"Okay." He says hesitant, but happy. Lia reaches out to him with her arms out. He comes back over thinking she wants another hug. Once Lia's arms are tightly around James' body she tells him what she's doing.

"I'm going to teleport us to the house to make this quicker. Take a deep breath."

He looks down at Lia. "You're gonna what?" Lia grins and teleports them to her backyard.

"Oh, my god." James immediately let's go of her once they've reached the backyard and runs off to the treeline to vomit. Lia can't help, but laugh as she watches James get sick. It's amusing to see the feared Winter Soldier act just like every other man she's ever teleported. Now that she thinks of it, most of the women she's teleported with have been just fine. It's just the men who seem to have such a hard time.

Lia sees Steve and Kat coming up the path from the pond. He looks from Lia to James with confusion and concern on his face. "Baby steps." She tells him.

Steve smiles at her and lets go of Kat's hand to walks over to his friend. "Hey Buck, are you okay?" James waves him off as he tries to keep his long hair out of the way.

She laughs not really feeling all that sorry. "That's my fault. We teleported rather suddenly." Steve laughs and rubs his friends back as James continues to dry heaves.

Kat walks over to Lia to hold her hand. "Mama, that's the man with the metal arm." She whisper-shouts when she sees his metal hand.

"That's daddy's friend, James." She loudly whispers back. Kat giggles and runs back over to Steve. Lia has to hold herself back to not run over and snatch Kat up. Baby steps, Lia, baby steps.

James wipes his mouth with a shaky hand and stands up. "Is it like that every time?" He asks them still a little pale.

"No, it gets easier." Steve grins at him as Lia walks over to them. "Kat, this is Bucky. He's my best friend. Buck, this is my daughter, Katya."

Kat stares at his metal hand as she says. "Mama said his name is James." Steve and James both look over at Lia.

"Habit, sorry." She bites her lower lip and shrugs.

James looks down at Kat telling her with a smile, "My friends call me Bucky."

She scrunches her face in distaste and confusion. "Why?"

Lia tries to smother her laugh, but is unsuccessful as James gives her a look that says. 'Really, you too?!' He explains that his middle name is Buchanan and that Bucky is the nickname for that. "But your name is James. Wouldn't your nickname be Jamie?" He sighs in exasperation.

Clearly he's been asked this most of his life. "I didn't chose it." He mumbles and tries to not be offended by a two year old.

Kat tugs on Steve's hand and motions him to come closer. He leans down so Kat can whisper quietly into his ear. He grins at her and tells her to ask him herself. With big eyes she looks up at James and politly asks. "May I touch your hand?" He looks over at Lia to see if she will allow it.