Part ten. The Visitor

I turned to see Sasuke without Kenichi. My eyes softened when he approached the couch and sat down, signaling he wanted to chat. I sat down and rubbed one of his hands in a soothing manner. "Sasuke, what's wrong?" He sighed before beginning. " I have to leave the village if I want to become strong Ren. Itachi took you and I could do nothing to stop him. I'm weak and this village isn't helping me get where I need to be. Ren I," I cut him off with a fierce glare before I started. "Sasuke Uchiha you listen to me and you listen good. You aren't leaving this village, and if you try, I will hunt you down and bring you back. With or without force. This dream you are holding onto is not worth it. We all loose people close to us Sasuke. I don't know why Itachi did what he did, but we need to stick together and forget about him. Give up this revenge before I make you give it up. Think about it."
I noticed the determined look in his eyes and sighed as I made my way out of the house and disappeared into the training grounds. I made a solid clone of myself and began to train my Rinnegan. If I was going to do this, I needed to train longer, harder, and more. I wouldn't let another loved one die because of me and I most certainly wasn't going to be the one kidnapped again. I sighed as my clone disappeared and I was left with only a few beads of sweat. By this time, the sun had already set and I knew I would worry the boys if I kept away any longer.
I began the short trip back to Kakashi's but stopped when I felt his presence. "Itachi.." I muttered knowing he could hear me perfectly. "Ren." I stopped and turned to face him, a small glare upon my face. I saw his eyes soften but as soon as it appeared, it was gone. "I need you to come back to base." "Like hell I will." All of a sudden I stopped when I saw the look upon his face. Pure, utter sadness. My gaze softened while my eyes started to tear up. "Itachi?" "Ren , please. You have to understand. I need to let you know. I'm not supposed to tell you, but you were and still are the only person I've truly loved other than Sasuke. Please, allow me to explain the downfall of the Uchiha clan." My eyes held shock but I sat down while holding him close to me. Stupid? Yes, but, I was in love and love does stupid things.
He began explaining everything that had happened and everything that had been done before the massacre. He explained his last mission and how the one request would be that his brother and myself would be kept safe. Upon the ending, I felt tears pouring from my eyes, and I felt his arms around me, comforting me. I wiped my tears and looked at his pain filled expression. He had held it in for so long, been away from everything he held dear for so long, and he was comforting me. I leaned in and kissed him with every bit of passion I could muster up. I felt him wrap his arms around me as he ran his fingers through my hair. I broke the kiss only to lay my head on his shoulder. "Itachi?" "Hn?" I looked up into his warm glance. "Why did you tell me now? Why not then?" He sighed as the pain floated back into his eyes. "I needed you to hate me, to help Sasuke and to move on with your life, but then Pein brought you back and I couldn't stand it any longer Ren. Seeing Kakashi hold you and kiss you, I could kill him Ren. I've never felt so much anger and hatred for someone before. It is selfish, but I want to live the remainder of my life with you. The remaining time I have, I want it to be spent with you." I blushed upon hearing his confession but then quickly looked up alarmed. "Remaining time? Itachi! We can tell Sasuke and he won't seek you out! We can get you back into the village and," "No Ren!" I gasped slightly hearing Itachi raise his voice. Something he never did. "Sasuke must never find out. He will be welcomed back into the village like a hero. It will go according to my plan, but I need your help with it. Please Ren." I sighed and looked down but flinched when I felt him pull his arms away and get down on one knee. "Ren, I have loved you for far too long without letting it be known, but I'm asking you this today knowing full well what you're giving up. Ren, will you marry me?" My eyes widened, staring into his mesmerizing eyes. "Itachi."