𝑹𝑶𝑼𝑵𝑫 𝑶𝑵𝑬: 𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔

𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒔𝒏𝒆𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒓𝒔 harshly tapped on the cement of the New York city pavement. Your legs carrying you as fast as they could move with your full backpack on your back. You huffed in the cold of the night, the winter season just beginning making the air crisp and cold. You cursed at yourself for wearing leggings knowing how cold the night around this season could get.

"Get back here you damn brat!" One of the many men who were chasing you yelled. "Only if you can catch me!" You replied back, the man cursing at you for your smart reply back. You were known for your cocky- smartass personality on the streets of New York only making people want to punch your lights out more even though you were a girl.

You were running from these men because you stole well over $1000 from them. Why might you ask? Rent was past due and you were more than one of the crackheads on the corner near the Yankees stadium and the noodle place you worked at barely paid enough to buy one of the bowls of noodles at your job.

You had no idea who these guys were but when you saw them walking out of the club near the noodle place where you work flaunting their money to women you took the chance and snagged the money from one of the guys. Now they all were after you.

You began scanning the area around you realizing you were not even 1 minute away from your apartment. You saw an upcoming alleyway, realizing it maybe the one to the balcony of your apartment. You made a quick right turn into the dark alleyway and you prayed it was the right alley. You looked up and saw a balcony, you smirked happy you made it to the right alley just by guess.

You quickly jumped onto the trashcan and used all the power you had left in your legs to jump up to the balcony and pull yourself up, throwing yourself onto the balcony. The men watched you as you did this knowing they couldn't follow you because they really didn't have a wish to get a broken bone.

"You damn whore! We will find you and shoot you dead!" The big bald man in the middle threatened you. You let out a loud belly laugh as you looked at him. "I'd like to see you try baldie. Tell me when you fill that empty threat, you could barely even run two miles without coughing up a lung." You smirked. The man seemed to practically be fuming by now.

You tipped your cap at them with the name of your work on it and slid open the window to your balcony. You threw yourself into your apartment and landed on your back. Though your backpack was making you laying down all the less comfortable you didn't care.

Though you told that guy to fill his treat when he could run two miles you could barely run the two miles yourself. You took a large breath in as you closed your eyes. Though you promised your mom and dad you would stay out of trouble you seemingly lied to them. But hey, they lied to you about Santa so fair game.

"I really have to get a better job..." You mumbled, rubbing your hand down your face as you began dozing off.

" You mumbled, rubbing your hand down your face as you began dozing off