Chapter Five : Grell's True Colors

I sat by the window, waiting for our next move on the Jack the Ripper case. Ciel and Madam Red were talking about Ciel's work choice and how there are no rules in life unlike in chess where there are many. I ignored all that and began to think.
The Vicount was innocent of being Jack the Ripper but he was the only one on the list of humans that was suspected...wait, he was the only human suspected that must mean that there is an inhuman murderer with a human accomplice. Now I just have to think of who else I knew was inhuman at the party other than Sebastian and myself. I thought long and hard, but there was no one that I could think of.

I sighed regretfully and munched on a sugar cookie. I sighed and whent to my room to practice a few spells that I might need later if Ciel ever figures out who Jack the Ripper is. I went to my room and started reading through 'Defences and Offences Against Your Enemy.' I looked at the more interesting spells, there was the Zapper, the Headhunter, and the Flyer. Simple names right? Witches and wizards aren't that creative. I quickly mastered these simple spells and decided to try and morph my bracelet. I pulled the bracelet off of my wrist and I focoused on turning it into a dagger. It slowly morphed into a fine point. The dagger was simple, then I made many bullets. I used them in the werewolf hunt of 1756, it was ratheer interesting.

Suddenly the door opened and I used my mental ability to shoot the bullets toward the stranger. Luckily it was Sebastian and he caught them.

I sighed, "You got lucky." I told him. I turned away and began to shut my books, making sure every bookmark was in place.

"What is it?" I asked him.

"We are going to capture Jack the Ripper." I began to shove Sebastian out of the room saying.

"Get out so I can prepare for the fight." He bowed and left the room. I breathed a slow breath in and out, I grabbed the one outfit that I always had to carry on me for protection. It was a simple spandex suit. It was black with long sleeves and shorts that go to the middle of my thighs, the neckline had a lot of cloth on it, so I can cover my face if needed, otherwise it just looks like a scarf. My hair was in a pony tail so as not to get in my way. I also wore my regular attire, so as not to make anyone suspicious.

I wore black boots with a hidden knife inside each boot. The pattern on the one piece suit consisted of many protection and defence pentagrams. I smiled at the thought of what happens when I touch it or someone else does. I stared at a pentagram of a circle inside another circle it releases a pulse of electric energy that knocks my enemy out. I put a bracelet back on, this braclet lets my magic change it's form for defense and attack puroses. I picked up Mistey and held her close while I put on a black cloak.

I walked down the stairs quickly not wanting to miss this. I reached the bottom of the stairs just to see Sebastian's tailcoat go through the door. I quickly ran for the door. When I reached the coach I smacked Sebastian on the back of the head.

"Don't you even think about leaving me behind again. I want to help with this case." With that I climbed into the coach and took off. We now waited in the alley for the killers to strike.

"So soft...Noble tail..." I turned around to see Sebastian playing with a cat. I giggled and walked over to him. When he looked up I rose my eyebrow in amusement, he sighed and put down the cat. He was just about to say something to me but then a scream was heard. We all ran down the alley, Ciel leading.

Ciel walked through the door but Sebastian pulled him back quicker before he could see the body. Ciel retched while I stared at the body in disgust. Just then Grell stepped out the door.

"Thats quite a big mess you've made, Jack the Ripper, or should I say Grell Sutcliff" Sebastian said knowingly.

"You don't understand I heard the scream and I ran to help her." He pleaded acting the innocent.