Bonus Chapter Part Two: Running away with the Circus

The next day we were off to see the circus, which happened to be appearing and disappearing around the same times children were disappearing. Not without stopping at our favorite Scotland yard of course. We were digging through files looking for any cases of a child's corpse while Abberline's twin chattered like a startled monkey. We finally left the police station and were now in front of Undertakers where Ciel had to tell a joke to get information, he kicked us out.

"He does know what we can hear him either way." I muttered as we waited almost a full day for the Undertaker to laugh. In the end he had no information and we had to go to the circus itself to get any information. I watched in amusement as the performers did their tricks and stood when they asked for a volunteer, Sebastian stood with me. I glared at Sebastian, I had wanted to be the volunteer to get closer to the half human, half snake man.

"How about you?! The woman next to the man in the distinguishing tailcoat." The ringleader, joker announced. I grinned before walking down the stage, only to be tackled by an over joyous tiger. I laughed as the audience screamed.

"Aren't you a pretty thing?" I grinned as it licked my face. It began to purr loudly before rubbing it's head against mine. I heard the sound of a whip cracking and smirked as I saw Sebastian catch the whip.

"I'm sorry but I can't have you recklessly swinging the whip, you might have hit my lady." He said, causing me to glare at him for the nickname. As we were leaving Sebastian and I were stopped by Joker and were now being taken to the first aide tent. "Snake! Is Doc in the first aide tent?!" Joker asked and my head snapped from a nearby lion to the half snake boy who didn't seem to like talking all that much. I suddenly appeared in front of him taking in his features with wonder. I tentatively reached out my hand to touch his face, only to have a snake jealously guard him. I waved one hand near its face while using the other to pick it up and pet it.

"My, you do love your master with much vigor, don't you precious?" I grinned as the snake curled around my arm, I looked up to see everyone, including snake, staring at me as if I'd gone mad. I chuckled sheepishly, "I have a thing for animals, snakes in particular. It's just the way they were created amazes me, the tough muscle, the effortless movement. It's amazing." I muttered before handing the snake back. "Sorry, she's lovely." I grinned before turning to see Joker. "We have somewhere to go do we not?" I said with a grin.

"It seems Doc's on business." Joker said sheepishly.

"I can wait." I smiled. We moved around the tents again, the performers whispering about me here and there along with Sebastian. We opened a tent flap to see a man with an afro in a wheelchair and the marksman with a prosthetic leg.

"Ah there he is." Joker muttered. "Doc!" The afro man turned around to see us.

"Hey, joker is there something wrong with your arm again?" Doc asked.

"No today's nothing t'do with me-" Joker said before he was interrupted by the marksman.

"I was wondering who that was, isn't that the woman who was pounced on by Betty?" He asked.

"BY BETTY?!" Doc shouted, grabbing my arm. "That's terrible we have to get to the medical office QUICKLY!" He panicked. I was quickly taken to the first aid tent and Doc discovered that I had no injuries at all except for some slight bruising. "She was just playing." I said while smiling. "Animals tend to get excited around me." I chuckled.

"It's really great yer okay. If I'd let a customer get hurt the ringleader'll have my head." Joker said, laying his bonelike hand across his chest.

"Ringleader?" I muttered as Sebastian told Joker that he thought joker was the ringleader.

"I'm a bit like the hired shop manager-the ringleader is a different scary guy." Joker said with a grin.