Hayden North

We were caught doing something that I would go down in history for in my town. Knowing West's father, he would tell everyone along with his son dating a weirdo. Great. I've never seen Liam move so fast.

Our date went over time. His father came on time. We got lost in time. The most we could do is collect our things as he walks me out. I text my mother to wait outside. It shouldn't take too long for us to cross the street and down the road.

Then as if his father wasn't enough, his brother showed. Who knows how he magically got here. The tension turned up. Liam's been keeping himself under control, unlike me. Somewhere in his heart, I knew he was trying to keep my anger from flaming up.

To stop me from making a scene. His father is stepping one inch closer into dangerous territory with my anger. He knows my name. I'm sure he talks about how poor my family is compared to his. Liam has one foot through the doorway to the outside with his hand locked in mine. His father gives him a deadly glare. "What a nice surprise for you to show up, West.

It's not a shame to say nobody missed you around here," Liam seethed.

Though he had a polite smile on his face, he silently hated them. "That's no way to speak to your brother. You have time to spare, don't you?" West cocked his head. Liam straightened his posture.

"No," he walked past West and his father. West is wearing an expensive fannel with drawing patterns. He's holding a suitcase in his hand.

As we pass by, I try to keep myself quiet. "Look at you. Does he fuck you to show off?" West licked his lips at the sight of me. I give him a disgusted look.

"No, he does not. Leave me alone," I balled my fist. Liam stopped walking a few meters ahead when he realized I stopped. West had a small toothpick between his teeth with amusement clear in him. It's dark.

Not a soul could see without the porch light shining. He turned back to notice West take a step closer to me. I challenged him by looking straight into his eyes.

He darkly laughed. His nasty breath came near my ear to whisper, "You know what we do to girls like you?" The words traveling to my ears like poison hitting me.

Why would he say that? Is he trying to rile me up? I can't let him say that and get away with it. There's a lurch in the pit of the stomach that transforms into a bubbling acid. That feeling keeps coming harder and harder. Shit, I can't do it. It hurts to keep all of this inside.

I'm trying not to make it worse for everyone around me that already thinks bad of me. If it continues to grow this bad, I'll have no choice but to take medication. I hate this. I hate it so much.

My hand collided with West's cheek. He turned his head to the way I slapped him. Their father folds his arms. West looks up wickedly. Liam is quick to pull me back with both his arms held around me securely.

"A psycho is what you are. Just like your grandad. I knew there was something was wrong with her." Their father tsked. West turned to him.

"Dad, I was only introducing myself to her," West conveyed to their father.

"Liam, you could do better. No job and a this," he signified me. Everything inside of me fell. My heart and all its organs stop hearing him. They were wrong.

"What the fuck, West. Don't do this, shit!" Liam shouted. West leaves himself to walk inside the house with his suitcase. Liam takes me far away from them. My hands are shaking. My limbs feel numb. What's wrong with me? I fell into his trap. Liam let me go to pull me closer to him.

As we crossed the street, I see a car parked up near Liam's house. Of course, it's a sports car with a girl sitting inside. She's watching me. That's West's car. He looks like he doesn't treat her well. He's inside while she is waiting in the car. I'm trying to divert the thoughts that are coming to me.