Author's Note

So this will be rather long. You don't have to read it, although you may find it's somewhat interesting. If not, go ahead and skip to the bottom :)

tired yet? has been by far the most fun and intelligent thing I've ever written. I'm so glad it's gotten such a wonderfully loud response from you all! To be completely honest, I began writing this because I was having a shitty summer. And it pretty much gave me a brand new one, filled with adventure and innocent passion; I really hope it gave some of you the same.

I wrote Austin in a way that I knew would frustrate you all. He's not perfect. He's childish, and irresponsible. He's flaky. And at the same time, he's a charismatic and honest person. Well, honest for the most part. I wrote him to break all his promises, yet love in a way that was more innocent and powerful than could be imagined. To love in a way that wouldn't be slowed down, even by his own fears.

Alan is young, and naïve, which I tried to get across. He's not interested in bullshit, or anything less than a fairytale relationship. After coming through a hard time, he's never relinquished his positive outlook on life, which, unfortunately, makes him blind to the weaknesses of Austin. All he sees is a bright future. No rain.

In the end, they're both children trying to understand how to love each other the right way. I felt I needed to write this, to show that my story isn't just a compilation of fluff and smut. It's not just a feel good thing. The characters are alive, and I plan to do a lot more with them in the next book, a sequel following tired yet?

I won't release the title or description yet, because I want to get things straight with this sequel first, but it was always my plan to do so. You all have been a lovely audience. Your comments are my lifeblood. Stay rad, friends. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please leave a comment or inbox me ✌

- Cat