Chapter 4: The Real Enemy

Shrieks and cries of agony.

They were coming from her.

Kakashi was in utter bewilderment as his eyes took upon the scene, in which the red-haired girl had bounded helplessly upon the heap of a now-dead corpse.

He killed her family member. Her blood-relative. Her brother. Her sibling.

He was branded the name, a cold-blooded killer, by another victim.

Then again, he didn't find anything different. He was a murderer from the beginning of time.

Choked sobs were emitted as she clung onto her brother, the last of her family. Tears ran down her pale face.

Kakashi couldn't stand crying, but he just stood there, absorbing the scene that was unfolding. He watched the female cry her heart out because of what he had done.

He loathed himself, too. But it was his mission.

Kakashi had never gone back against regulations. Not since the death of his father. Not since Obito's death. Not since Rin's death. Not since anyone else's death.

Rules and regulations was what he never broke; that is, if he had any other comrades to care for, to break the rules.

"...I didn't know this man was your brother..." Kakashi's lips twisted into a frown. He felt sympathetic, but he stood with for what he did. Again, thinking it over, it was his mission.

The girl trembled, her legs shaking as she pushed herself to stand up. She glared at him, seething and clenched her hands into fists.

"You're a murderer! Killer!" She tried in her effort and punched Kakashi's shoulder, not exactly injuring him at all, but making him feel worse about himself.

Her words stung him, but he did his best to ignore the harmful names that he found so familiar.

Repeatedly, hit after hit, she choked out pitiful sobs,"He was the only one I had left! I didn't know he was still alive! He was gone to me, and now he's gone once more! You monster! You-"

She collapsed on her knees and continued to weep. Tears steamed down her cheeks and she shuddered.

Everyone was gone just like that, once more. Gone. Deceased. Dead.

Akemi felt numb. Her whole body shook as she hiccuped from her heaving sobs.

Why did the famous copy nin kill her brother? Why? Why?

With steely eyes, Akemi tilted her head up to stare coldly at the individual that had cause her beloved brother's death.

"Why... did you kill him?"

Kakashi's eyes tightened as he responded, vaguely,"It was my mission. If I were to ignore the fact that everyone I killed, had families, I would be giving many shinobi mercy."

Akemi stared at the male. Her eyes brimmed red from crying and she mumbled,"There must have been a reason... A reason why you killed him."

The Hatake paused, his mismatched eyes flickering upon the red-haired girl's face. He bites his lower lip and nods,"...I had to eliminate them, because those people worked for a certain man that betrayed Konoha. Those people were followers of man that had killed many others for his own wants."

"Followers?" Akemi glanced over at her dead brother, her hand cupping his cold, delicate face,"He was a follower to another being?"

Kakashi nodded in response,"...The man had created many felonies against Konoha. Apparently, he had a grudge against his home..." The silver-haired male pause before he continued.

"He left Konoha and soon gathered large groups of individuals whom volunteered to do his dirty work. It wasn't until then I was sent out to eliminate these men and women who had stooped so low to work for this horrible man."

Akemi wiped her inevitable tears and stroked her older sibling's cheek,"My brother...wouldn't do that..." She mumbled.

"He wouldn't do such a devious thing... He's not evil to even take part of such a sinister man's plans... He wouldn't-"

Her defiance came out with inaudible murmurings. Her eyebrows screwed together as she bit her lower lip. She knew her brother wouldn't work for someone who was outrageously evil.

...Would he? The question erupted in her clouded mind. If he even did, why would he work for a cruel man? Why, out of all the people, he had to take orders from a man that didn't care for the sole of any other being's life?

The more Akemi thought, the more muddled her thoughts had become. She didn't know if she would take the Hatake's reasoning. Her brother sounded like a whole different person...

"...who...is this person...? Who is this person...that my onii-san worked under...?"

Her words dripped with determination. She wanted to know who this being was. What kind of... Monster... Would use her brother like a tool, for his own wants..?

The silver-haired male hesitated. Deciding on whether to tell this innocent being about the sinister man, he casted his gaze downwards once more before uttering out a single name;

"Orochimaru."

The name rung with familiarity, just like when she recognized the ninja's name. Orochimaru... Orochimaru...

Orochimaru.

She froze in horror, soon recognizing the evil, evil name.

Orochimaru. One of the former legendary three sannin.

A cruel man... To use her brother...

Biting her lower lip, her eyebrows slanted as well as her fists clenched tightly. Her brother could have lived. Her brother would have been still alive... If it wasn't for...

She needed to see this Orochimaru... She had unfinished business with this cruelty of a human.

Akemi needed to fix what he had done. She needed to serve justice. But she was just so...so weak.

"...please...help me..." She grabs the Hatake's arm, and despite of his surprise, he hesitated.

"How...? How can I help you?" He asked, a look of unconfirmed doubt spreads throughout his face.

"...Help me... by training me to become like you. A strong, shinobi."

-

A/N:

Holy fuck. How long has it been since the last update of this? A month? Maybe even more?

I apologize for the tardiness. Time has its limits, and apparently, my brain is scattered everywhere.

I apologize mostly to Anni! Thank you for being patient with me! My update has sure been slow as hell, and I will try to improve my lateness, on short notice.

This story is a go-go! Even though there are a few people who had voted as well as commented, both Anni and I appreciate for the lovely support!

We will continue to finish this story and hope to get a few comments from you all!

~Ryo