jean x reader: sky in distress

jean hates the rain.

it's too troublesome. the sky is in distress, and it selfishly decides to take out all its pain and sadness on the people below. and because of that, the rain ruins his day.

the rain ruins a lot of things in fact.

it ruins his hair, that he worked hours upon hours on getting styled and ready for the day, checking out himself in the mirror to make sure it turned out okay for you.

the rain ruins his amazing outfit for the day, the one that he spent a decent amount of time picking out from his closet of many other garments, making sure that the colors matched perfectly, that the pants smoothly went together with the shirt and accessories. only for the stupid rain to soak it all, making all his efforts go to waste.

the rain ruins his plans for the day, the special ones that he spent at least a week planning to take you away on what would surely be a day to remember for the two of you. the plans that he was oh so excited to experience with you, and to spend his time with you because that's all he ever wants to do.

all ruined. because of the stupid rain.

so now jean has concluded that he, in fact, hates the rain. very much.

but then, you, with all your glory, managed to change his mind.

you had dragged him outside, despite all his whines and complaints, telling him that "the day isn't ruined just yet."

he didn't want to go outside; he was on bad terms with the rain right now, and he especially didn't want you to get sick. that would be bad.

but you still dragged him out anyway, because you are just so passionate like that, and he has to admit, that is one of the many things that jean loves about you.

and so here the both of you were, in the pouring rain, underneath the glum night sky.

you both can say goodbye to your clothes, those are soaking wet by now. and jean can say goodbye to his hair that he worked so hard on. not that it matters that much, but he still put a bit of effort into it so that he looks good for you.

you're swinging his arms around, twisting and turning in the rain, dancing like there is no tomorrow. your dance moves are certainly not enough to get you into dancing with the stars, but they still are something.

you're smiling up at him, raindrops falling from your hair, down to your neck, and all the way back to the ground.

jean doesn't even realize that he's smiling like an idiot too, and somewhere along the line he started dancing along with you, and you're not even forcing him to.

he peers down at you through the water clouding his vision, surely from the rain, admiring you in the dark of the night.

jean thinks you look really beautiful, and he feels himself smiling even wider if that was possible at this point. he spins you around, turning you in circles and then pulling you into his arms.

he feels really happy. all those negative emotions from earlier have all been thrown out the window, long forgotten. they are now replaced with a cluster of new emotions; love, adoration, and a bunch of other feelings that jean can't really describe, but knows that they are all bursting around in his heart right now.

jean loves you so much. all it took to turn his day around was just seeing you smile and doing the stupidest thing with you outside. he's really thankful for you.

you reach up to kiss him; him bending down to meet you halfway. your lips land on his, and he can feel your mouth curl up into a grin against his lips, and he follows soon after.

he thinks that maybe the sky is actually just happy and that it's just crying tears of joy. it's possible.

and as jean holds you in his arms, the both of you soaking wet, jean decides that he doesn't hate the rain anymore.