chapter eight - police?

TW: SELF HARM

The next few weeks pass by quickly. I've been spending more time at Tommy's house with Tubbo, and the three of us have become quite close. Unfortunately, finals are approaching, but the workload seems a lot lighter than it was in the US. I like England. A whole fucking lot.

      "Hey, are we still on for today?" Tubbo asks me in class.

I smile at him. "Of course!" He smiles back at me, and we awkwardly hold eye contact for what feels like years. I break it and shake my head.

    "You're so weird." I say. He elbows me in the side, and I elbow him back, but way harder.

"Okay okay okay, I get it!! You're ridiculously strong. Now can you stop breaking my lungs with your monster elbow??" Tubbo says quite seriously. I burst out laughing.

       "Callie. Is there anything you'd like to share with the class?" Mr. Greenstone looks me over sternly.

     "Oh... sorry sir. No." I say sheepishly. He stares back at me for an uncomfortably long time.

"Okay... it's fine though, Miss C. I know yOUng loVe when I see it." he winks at me. I turn a rather dark shade of crimson.

Tubbo elbows me. "So you're really that obsessed with me, huh?"

     "Shut the fuck up." I whisper to him.

But I don't deny it.

    Later at Tommy's house, we stream Minecraft on the Dream SMP again. I get to meet several 'famous content creators', like Georgenotfound. It was pretty cool, but they just seemed like... normal people. Which I guess they are. After the stream, we bake christmas cookies. As expected, Tommy was awful, and Tubbo was just confused the whole time. I found myself constantly scolding the two of them for doing risky things, such as trying to put metal in the microwave.

     "I am so," Tommy pauses to finish biting his cookie, "fucking excited for the holidays.

"Me too!" Tubbo and I say at the same time. We look at each other and laugh.

       "Oops..." I say, reaching for yet another deep green frosted cookie. These things are so addicting.
       "Have you heard about the holiday dance they're having at school?" Tubbo asks.

I groan. "Of course. It's the only thing people seem to care about these days.">

    "Oh, Tubbo, you should ask-" Tommy starts to say, but then is cut off. "Shut the fuck up." Tubbo says, blushing. I smile at him.

  "Oooooh, Tubbo, do you have a cruuuush on somebody?" I tease him. He turns bright red.

         "It's nothing." he mumbles.

"if you say so..." I say, shoving him in the shoulder. "Anyways, Tommy, we should probably head out. My mom will be home for dinner soon." I grab my red winter coat and head out to the door, Tubbo following close behind.

       "Wait... Cal; what's happening at your house?" Tubbo says, his voice laced with deep concern. I look over and immediately start to panic. There's a police car parked in the small driveway, the lights flashing all over the street. My breath catches in my chest, and I take off running towards there. WHat the fuck is happening??? I hope my mom is okay-

"Callie- wait!!" Tubbo exclaims. I ignore him and keep running. What's happening?? Running through the snow is hard, but I manage. I have no idea what's wrong. I approach a police officer.       "Excuse me, ma'am; what's happening??? I live here," I say quickly, as an explanation. She looks at me and sighs.