Chapter Seven

RAYS POV
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Norman and I have been together for a month now. I was thinking about telling mama but i'm too afraid she will think we're disgusting and send Norman away from the orphanage. I cant risk it, I don't want to loose him.

I just won't tell mama and we can just hide our relationship whenever she's around. Yes this is a perfect plan.

Time Skip The Next Morning

Norman and I walked to the dining table to set up breakfast for the rest of the children.

"You look beautiful today." Norman said with a playful smirk.

"Shut up." I said while returning a straight face trying my best to hide the small blush forming over the top of my nose.
I was successful.
Norman clenched his shirt near his heart giving a over exaggerating performance while falling to the ground. I think I even saw some fake tears-

"M-my heart, IM DYING!!!"

"NORMAN GET YOUR ASS OFF THE GROUND"

"Ray you hurt my feelings!" he cried.

"You're not hurt."

"... Am i not aloud to show my boyfriend how much i love him?" Norman said while pouting and grabbing my hands.

"N-no you can it's just-" In the corner of my eye I saw mama walk into the dining room with some of the four year olds and I immediately dropped Norman's hands and faced away from him.
"Hey mama do you need help with anything?"

"Hmmmm.. Ah yes, can you set the tables?" Mama replied.

"Yes of course." I left Norman and set the tables so that we could eat our breakfast.

NORMANS POV
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

When Ray just ignored me after mama came in made me a little sad. I shouldn't be upset over him volunteering to help out mama but the feeling stayed in my stomach for the rest of the day.

After we were all playing tag mama called us all back to the house to get ready for dinner.

"Hey Ray, do you want to set the tables again?" Mama asked Ray who was standing next to me.
"Norman can help to if he would like."

"Oh uh, n-no i can do it by myself." Ray responded while scratching the back of his neck.

"It's fine, I can help!" I add.
I could feel a glare coming from Ray. But why? Did I say something wrong?

"That would be lovely, thank you!" Mama put on one of her soft caring smiles and started to sweep the floor.

I moved closer to Ray but he ignored me and started setting the tables. I acknowledged that he didn't want to be talked to so we finished setting up in silence.

Emma, Ray and I ate our dinner together surrounded by our loving siblings. I love each and every one of them but the love I feel for Ray...

It's different.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A/N
sorry this was another short chapter.. my bad..
and i'm sorry to say this but the story is coming to an end soon so expect two or three more chapters.

This has been a wonderful journey but i'll save my wittle spweech fo latwer
...
anyways I might also make a little CONNY APPRECIATION CHAPTER
because well...
🥩
she really needs it...
let me know if that would be of interest or if I would be wasting my time (:
tysm!