"The local what? Murderers?"

ok so hi!! If you didn't start reading this before February you won't know that I've been gone for almost 3 months lol. Basically life happened and I unpublished this book but It bothers me that I left it unfinished sooo I'm back. This will also be kinda slow updates because I work like 40 hours a week but I am determined to finish it.

In the last chapter I know I said we were heading to see Draco and Voldy but I legit have no idea where I was going with that idea so... oops.
(Theo and Sofia have lived in my head rent free for months that's why I'm back).

This won't be as long as I originally planned - it was going to pretty long with post war life etc but now it will probably have a epilogue or possible a time jump but we will see. I know I've only been gone a few months but it's a while since I've thought like/about these characters so bare with me!!

I'm not IN the HP fandom anymore. Obviously I still love Harry Potter but I'm not in the fandom anymore - my tiktok has been deleted.

Anyway.. welcome back and I hope you enjoy!

_____

"It's probably where all the locals go!" Colette exclaims looking up at the white building. It's an old building with chipped paint and fogged up windows. There's a sign that squeaks in the wind staying 'the black horse'. It's a classic muggle pub name, in fact the entire thing screams muggle pub. It looks dark inside and you can smell the steal beer from the street.

"The local what? Murderers?" Sofia asks raising an eyebrow at the pub. She tilts her head to the side as they watch an old man stumble out. He lets the door slam behind him. The four teenagers avoid eye contact with the old man. Theo gently pulling Sofia close to him as the man eyes her as he pasts.

"Look it's fine. It's just a pub" Colette insists stepping towards the door. "We can't stay in that house forever" she turns to face the three Slytherins. Sofia tilts her head to the side and crinkles her nose. She thinks they could stay in the safe house forever. Or at least as long as possible. "C'mon how bad could it be?"

"Do you really want me to answer that?" Sofia questions her voice laced with doubt as she stares at the pub in front of her. She's never stepped foot in a place like this before. She tries not to judge places like this but she knows she doesn't belong there. She knows that everyone in this pub knows that she doesn't belong there. She knows that society has standards regardless of how bad it is or unethical. It's something that exists whether people like it or not. Sofia knows what people think about her.

Hell Colette thought those things weeks ago.

Sofia hates it. She hates that she is judged, misunderstood by people just because she comes from a certain background. She would never treats anyone differently based off their background or income. She doesn't care. She only cares about people's beliefs and their respect for other people.

Sofia watched as Colette walks into the pub, closely followed by Blaise. Sofia glances at Theo who stands next to her looking just as reluctant next to her.

"We could run away" Theo suggests making Sofia smile softly and roll her eyes. "Let's just flee the country."

"We have no money" Sofia replies stepping towards the doors of the pub.

"We could live off the land" Theo states shrugging his shoulders as he follows behind Sofia.

"Neither of us like dirt" Sofia points out as she steps into the dingy pub. She pauses, scanning the room. Blaise and Colette are sitting at an round table in the centre of the room.

Great. In the centre of the room for everyone to look at.

It smells like stale beer and unwashed clothes. Sofia's nose crinkles at the smell as she edges closer to Theo at the feeling of eyes on her. She doesn't know if people are looking at her, or them, but it feels like that they. Sofia feels her hair stand on her arms at the knowledge of being watched. They are harmless muggles. She is sure they are all muggles. This is a muggle town. They have nothing to worry about. There is no one around who will expose them being here but that doesn't mean they still can't be found.