The Beginning of DarkClan

COPYRIGHT OF ERIN HUNTER. I DO NOT OWN THE CHARACTERS AND SETTINH

CHAPTER ONE

"We should follow the river upstream. That might assist us in finding new territory." Thornwhisker suggested,as he padded next to Lionblaze. "But first,we must find shelter for the night. It'll be too dark to continue anymore."

Lionblaze nodded, adding,"of course. But first, we must catch prey." The group had long left ThunderClan territory, but were wandering aimlessly. "Rippleclaw, look up ahead and see if there are any caves or hollows for us to shelter in." Rippleclaw nodded and trotted away,her silver pelt shining in the light of the quarter-moon.

"Lionblaze,we must rest! Whitekit can't go on much farther." Firepelt called to her mate,sheltering her kits with her light orange pelt.

Lionblaze bounded to his mate in a few strides and licked Whitekit between the ears. "You'll be fine,my little warrior. We will be there soon," he promised. Rippleclaw came back and dipped her head to Lionblaze.

"I found a little Twoleg den. It has no scent,but it has plenty of mice. We'll be able to shelter there until dawn." she reported.

"Good. Rippleclaw,lead us there. Thornwhisker,take Whitekit. I'll carry Bramblekit." he commanded. Thornwhisker dipped his head down and gently grasped at Whitekit's scruff. Rippleclaw marched away,leading us to the den. Firepelt leaned upon Lionblaze's powerfully built body. He carried Bramblekit in his teeth and they arrived in the den as the morning light shone through the windows.

Rippleclaw had already arrived and was pulling moss into comfortable nests. Thornwhisker had left Whitekit sleeping in one of the nests and was already busy hunting,his lithe brown body swaying as he stalked his prey. Lionblaze placed Bramblekit into Whitekit's nest and Firepelt gratefully slipped in besides her kits.

"This is our new home." Lionblaze announced.