superficial love | ijekiel

gender neutral
cw: angst, implied abuse

Being the fiancée/fiancé of a lord isn't as easy as I thought it'd be, from the moment I was born I had been raised and taught to become the wife/husband of a powerful, wealthy man. Never mattered who they were, whether they spent their days loving me, or hating my guts. My father didn't care what happened to me, or any of my family for that matter, as long as we were worth something it didn't matter. I watched my sisters and brothers be sold off to men and women who treated them with almost no respect at all, be used like a doll and then thrown away, I expected the same fate, so why was this person looking at me with such an expression? As if he was in love, as if he was truly happy to see me, as if Ijekiel wanted me just as much as I wanted him. Unknowingly a tear slipped from my eyes. "Y/n?" He spoke softly, his hand outstretched, I flinched backwards, wiping the tears from my irritable eyes, I tried remembering my mother's lessons, the pain of my scarred hands, everything I worked towards, everything I had been forced towards.

But nothing came up, and the tears would not stop coming. I covered my face in shame "I'm sorry." I choked out, I fucked up. Panic consuming my whole being, why did I decide to meet him before our wedding, why did I ever think this would be alright, now he would never be able to accept me, to accept this marriage, but suddenly I felt myself pulled into a tight embrace "It's okay." He whispered, "You're okay now" with just two words I melted into his comfort burying my face in his neck.

I wanted to disappear then and there but with his arms around me I felt okay for the first time in forever, I felt like a huge weight had been lifted of my chest, all I could hear was the steady, resounding beat of his heart, and I let that consume my entire being, holding onto him like a lifeline, my sobs slowly came to a stop soon replaced with a heavy blush that scattered my face. Ijekiel smiled down at me seeing that my tears had stopped, his hand caressing my face. I melted into his touch, finally letting the panic and hurt in my mind go. Simply focusing on Kiel and how his slender hands held me softly

"I love you so much, you know that right?"

-

i came back just to simp for ijekiel