Chapter Two - Underwater

Rummaging through my clothes, I repelled at the thought of wearing any of these hideous outfits. What was I going to do? Ugh, I just wish I didn't bring any of these.

Ten minutes of indecisiveness and I ended up going with the original outfit of my green button-up top tucked into my black leggings over my red swimsuit. I put on my shoes, grabbed my phone and leave my room.

I walk past Christian's room and the lingering smell of the aftershave, the smell that I love surrounds me and I notice that his door is just slightly open. But just enough to peer in. The impulse overtakes me and I position my eyes through the little crack just enough to get a perfect view. But there's no one there...

"Looking for me?" He questions while standing a little too close. I bite my bottom lip; 'Gosh he really doesn't know personal space does he?' I think to myself.

"Did you want something, or did you want to see something? he questions again emphasising the SEE. His warm breath hits my lips and all of a sudden my knees feel weak and want to give in.

I need to be confident.

"Maybe I did," I tease seductively, let's see how he likes to be teased.

[At the beach]
"Let's get in the water!" exclaims Lily over-excitedly. I really didn't want to get in the water but if I didn't, I would look like a wimp and I needed to maintain my confidence.

I unbuttoned my green top and I notice Christian's lingering stare at me... at me taking my clothes off. I felt very uncomfortable but I kept a strong face. Anxiety was slowly starting to creep in. Why was he looking at me like that? Did he find me unattractive? Or worse, did he find me attractive?

He approaches me slowly and teases just loud enough for me to hear:
"Looking good, Tilly." My cheeks start going red again! Oh my god, there is something actually wrong with me. Why am I being so nervous all of a sudden?

Dragging myself out of the thought, I embrace my fear and start running towards the water. I have a bad feeling about this... As I continue running, I can see Christian in my peripheral view in his tight swim trunks.

We both get into the water and start splashing each other with water. The water goes back and forth and I feel like everything has stopped. It's just me and him at this moment, laughing and having a genuinely good time without anyone else to distract us.

Without realising, the depth of the water had already reached my chin, it was getting too deep and as short as I was, I felt like there was no bottom. That it was just a bottomless pit of water. I was getting more and more anxious. I just really didn't want this moment to end. I grabbed onto his hand when I became overwhelmed with the fear of drowning. He looks at me shyly but did not pull away, I smiled and we continue to play around in the water. I felt very safe holding onto his hand, I think he knew that and that made me grin.

Then in our moment, a huge wave lapsed over me, suffocating and pulling my whole body underwater. I was running out of air and the time seemed to be going painstakingly slow. I tried to scream or move or anything.

But by this point, my hand had let go of his. I wanted help, I needed help but I felt like I was dead. I could feel the life slowly draining out of me, flashes of different colours danced around me. Was this what death was like would I be looking back on my 16 years of existence at this very moment?

Then, I felt his hands snake around my body, positioning them on my waist and pulling them. I think he was trying to drag me out of the water, even though I was unconscious, I could still feel everything around me happening. He carried my drenched body in his arms and laid me down onto the burning hot sand.

He then proceeded to place his hands on my chest, trying to give me CPR and get me to regain consciousness. It wasn't working. Wait... was he going to...

He pressed his lips harshly, onto mine; with his hands wrapped on my arms, holding onto them for life's sake. It felt like he never wanted to let go and I didn't want him to, his touch left behind goosebumps and his lips intoxicated me; leaving me craving for more - he was the only one who could have this effect on me.

I started opening my eyes slowly and although my eyesight was still blurred, I could make out the silhouette of his beautiful face peering down on me stricken with a worried expression. I slowly sit up feeling like I just swallowed an ocean full of saltwater. It made me want to vomit.

"Oh god, Tilly!" He shrieked with panic, "I was so worried, please don't ever scare me like that!" he placed his arms around me and embraced me. It was such a simple gesture but it meant so much to me. He genuinely cared for me and my safety. It made me smirk like crazy - it was like an infection it just wouldn't stop.

"You were worried...about me?" I said quietly, still smirking.

"Of course I was," he replies without hesitation, "and stop smirking like that." I couldn't help but let out a little giggle.

"Be careful Christian, you're getting soft." I teased. His jaw immediately clenched and his eyebrows arched with an angry expression.