Noisy Neighbors (Part 2/2)

The only reason you really agreed to coffee with the handsome neighbor was because your morning class had been canceled and you didn't have another until later that afternoon. Of course there was the free coffee too... Ok, maybe his stupid handsome face had something to do with you leaning to say yes.

He was persistent.

So at 9:55 the next morning, you threw on a pair of real pants and a jean jacket over your sweater and ran a hand through your hair as you grabbed your keys by the front door.

"I'll be back later Wands!" you shouted back down the hallway. No response. She was probably sleeping after pulling an all nighter for a test today. "I'll be bringing you back some coffee too, I guess," you laughed to yourself as you went to open the door.

But you were startled to open it and immediately see those familiar piercing blue eyes.

"Jesus-" you jutted as you threw your hand over your chest in surprise.

"Sorry," he laughed as he took in your reaction. "I literally just stepped in front of your door."

"You sure you haven't been waiting out here since last night?" you smirked, stepping out and locking it.

"Now, I did say I was persistent, but I think I deserve a coffee and a little more than small talk before I decide if you're stalking material," he shrugged, watching as you turned back to him.

"I like to think I'm stalking material," you played along, getting a laugh out of him. "Though, doesn't mean I'd actually liked to be stalked."

"Ladies and gentleman, she's got the jokes," Bucky announced as you walked side by side to leave the apartment building.

"Just to be safe, you're not some charming Teddy Bundy 2.0, are you? Cause if that's the case, I don't think this is going to work out," you joked, sending him a smile before tucking your hands in your coat about to bare the cold outside.

"So you think I'm charming?" Bucky jeered.

"Don't get cocky there, Cavanosa. I'm still trying to decide if I'll ever answer my door again if you knock," you pointed at him as he opened the door for you.

"I'm wounded, Y/N," he faked hurt, but inside he was just gitty to know your name now and be able to say it.

"Buy me that coffee, and you'll have a better chance, soldier."

_____________

You went to the coffee shop on campus and the little coffee date went surprisingly well. You talked about school, learning Bucky was a forensics major and hoped to go to Quantico at some point. He said he always had a gift and interest in crime scenes and murder mysteries growing up. He liked being able to solve it before the characters on shows did or the narrator gave it away.

To which you countered with, "So you would be a certified stalker with a badge? Interesting..."

That got a big belly laugh out of him which you couldn't seem to help but join him after hearing such a sweet sound.

You talked about how you're going into Psychology, and actually were interested in a similar field of forensics. You had always loved the psychoanalyzing of people and situations. So naturally, you were looking into being a Forensic Psychologist.

He asked why he hadn't had any classes with you yet considering it was both your senior years. Then you explained to him how you had just transferred for this last semester because of better professors and a scholarship opportunity you wanted to take advantage of before graduation.