Chapter 2: Drunken Situations

Zeke came back and he sat down in the other couch on the other side of the table. He opened both of the to go plates and pushed one of them in front of me. It was lasagna and bread like he said. He handed my my fork and I nodded, " Dammit.  Now I have to pay you back." He waved it off with a smile, " It's fine. Paying me back would simply be you staying here and resting." I narrowed my eyes at him and my lip went up in a sneer, " I need to what?"

He eyed me and he chewed on his bread, " You can't walk on that Levi. So no tea shop for you this week and next week.. and the next week." I rolled my eyes, " Please I'll be fine in the morning." He straight faced me with a look of seriousness, " No. You'll stay at home. If you walk on it you'll end up making it worse and then you'll have to stay out of work even longer." I groaned, " Let me call Petra."

I called Petra and she immediately answered. I quickly told her that she'd be in charge for the few weeks I had to rest. She told me not to worry but I couldn't help but do so.

But Petra knew when to put her foot down so hopefully things would run smoothly without me. As I hung up Zeke was still eating his lasagna and looked at my ankle, " Has the ice melted?"

I leaned over to press my hand on my ankle and I nod. He gets up and walked to the fridge, " You have ziploc bags?" I pick some of my lasagna with my fork, " Yea.. the cabinet on your left."

He quickly came back and sat at the other end of the couch and pulled my foot over his lap. I tried to ignore him and began to eat my food but winced in pain as he slowly took off the bandage. He looked at me with concern, " Sorry." I shook my head, " It's fine."

Once the bandages were off he replaced the old ice with the new one and wrapped it back up.

He kept my foot in his lap and ran a hand across my leg, " You know.. I do know of a way that you can repay me." I looked up at him with interest, " What?"

"Well, since you make tea and I sell books. It would be the perfect combination. Would you be interested in displaying your tea at my store while I put a display of my books in front of yours? You know put up a poster board in front of our stores. I feel like it would attract more attention for the both of us."

I hummed in thought. This would be great for my store and since they were right across from each other it would help the bookworms actually look at my store. I nodded, " Sure. But on one condition."

He looked up at me from my leg and I grabbed his hand and pulled it off, " Keep your hands off me." He chuckled, " Sorry.. I didn't know I was doing that." I rolled my eyes and then the door bell rung.

"Who the hell is that?"

He shrugged, " Its your house how am I supposed to know who you have over." I roll my eyes at his smart comment and he got up while carefully putting my foot back down and walked to the door. Opening it he looked up at Erwin and down at Hange, " Oh?"

Hange held out a hand, " Hello! I'm Hange and this is Erwin. We're friends of Levi." He nodded and shook her hand firmly while Erwin gave him a small nod.

Erwin cleared his throat, " We weren't expecting Levi to have company today." Hange whispered to Zeke, " Yeah he never does."

Zeke laughed a little while crossing his arms and stepped back to let them in, " Well your clumsy friend here twisted his ankle while at my store." Erwin quickly walked over to me and looked down at me with concern, " Are you okay?" I rolled my eyes, " Yes. Zeke wrapped it and helped me to my apartment."

Erwin looked at Zeke who had walked over to the couch with Hange who was holding a bag of what I assumed was wine. Hange looked at Zeke, " Well that was very kind of you." Zeke scratched his head, " Just doing what was right." Hange gave him an evil grin, " Well since you're here.. do you drink?" Zeke nodded and he sat down on the couch across from me and Erwin sat at the end of the couch I was sitting on.