Chapter 17: Pushover

I woke up in a dark room only to look up at Tina who had a smirk on her face. Realization took over and I scoffed pulling at the rope that I was in, " You bitch. What are you doing to them?!"

She smirked at me, " Selling them for money. And you'd do it for a check too." I scoffed, " What the hell? I don't understand.. you took them because they got on your nerves or something?"

She shrugged and sat down on my lap. I was sitting in a chair but my ankles and arms were tied to themselves. With the knife that she had in her hand she slid it up my throat, " Money is money Zeke.. I wish I could've gotten a real taste of you before you found out my secret.. but now I have to get rid of you."

I smile, " Get rid of me?"

She nods and ran a hand through my hair, " Yes. It's simple. I get rid of you and maybe your brother too since he would probably be in the way later."

I scoff, " You underestimate me Tina."

She bit her lip and hummed, " Really? How so?"

I chuckle, " Father made me take self defense classes."
I head butted her in the face causing her to fall off of me and got straight to work.

I flipped my chair over and in a quick motion I was out of the ropes and on top of her. The knife had fell out of her hand and I quickly grabbed it and held it to her throat, " Now... you should let those kids go."

She let out a loud cackle, " Let them go?! And lose my profit?! Hahahaha! You were such a smart student in high school, never thought you'd be that dumb to think I'd do such a thing."

"I'll slit your throat Princess."

She just giggled up at me and I rolled my eyes and pressed the knife into her throat, " I'm serious." My dark gaze cause her to clear her throat in nervousness and breathed, " Fine..just let me up."

I chuckled at her and grabbed her by the hair as I pulled her up to her feet. She groaned, " So rough.. I love it." I rolled my eyes and took her up the stairs with me, " Show me your guns.."

She laughed, " What are you about to do?"

" I know you're not going to let them go so.. I'm taking things into my own hands."

She scoffed, " I am going to let them go once you take me to the trucks. We have to hurry before they're gone."

I rolled my eyes, " They're waiting on your command aren't they?" She grunted and I chuckled and spoke, "show me your guns."

I yanked her hair again and she pointed to the left side of the barn. I slowly dragged her with me towards the part she pointed to and there was racks of guns everywhere. On the walls, the floors, even in cases on top of each other. I swear I had good luck or something. Everything was always made so easy for me.

I grabbed what I could with one hand, strapping a pistol across my belt while pulling an AK over my chest, still holding Tina in my other hand. She grunted as we neared the door, " They'll kill you Zeke. You know that."

I only smiled, " I'd like to take my chances."

Holding her in front of me I kicked the door open and walked towards the traffic trucks. They hadn't seen me yet or Tina, but I guess I should announce myself.

"Oi!!"

I looked at the men who all had now stopped pushing the children into trucks as they turned to me. One of them with an eyepatch laughed, " Boss.. I see you're in quite a predicament."

Tina scoffed, " Get. me. out of it!"

I held up the pistol I had as soon as they held up theirs, " Ah Ah Ah..." Holding it to her head I smirked, " Her life for all of theirs. If not, I'll kill all of you."