Chapter 20: Threat

Zeke's POV:
After sitting in Hange's house and going over the plan, it was finally time to go meet the whoever had Levi.

The drive was short, and I could feel my heart racing. I couldn't mess this up. I couldn't risk Levi getting killed in the process. We pulled to an alley a short walk away from Point Avenue and I got out of the car. Erwin let down his car window, " Be careful Zeke." Hange nodded, " We'll be watching from afar. Making sure there isn't anyone else here."

I waved to them not saying anything. I didn't want to admit it but I was terrified. I didn't know how this was going to go. Erwin had so much faith in me, but I didn't have any in myself right now.

I walked with my hands in my pant pockets as I walked around the corner towards the street. At the end of the street I saw a man with regular clothes on. He was leaning against the brick wall with a cigar in his mouth and he turned to me. He waved and beckoned me to him and I narrowed my eyes with unease. But slowly I walked towards him and he crossed his arms, dropping the cigar near his feet. He stepped on it, putting it out and looked up at me, " Hello Yeagar."

I looked at him with an confused expression. He had a Scottish accent. That was enough to throw me off but there was something else. He didn't seem like a threat. Not someone who was holding anyone hostage. I cleared my throat, " Hello? Who are you if I'm able to ask?.."

He looked me up and down with an interested look, " You know.. my father told me many things about you but I never would've thought you'd look like this.."

I looked at him in annoyance and confusion. He completely ignored my question, and was checking me out? He was wearing a white button up, some brown dress pants, and had red hair and green eyes. He was also the same height as Connie. The red hair stood out to me now and I remembered the man that killed my step mother, " That guy was your dad?"

He nodded slowly and with a quick movement, he pulled my glasses from my face and put them on his, " Ahh they're fake."

I didn't understand what he was doing here. He didn't seem pissed at me at all. Not like that note said. I didn't even see Levi here. I grabbed them from his hands and he chuckled at me and pulled his curly shoulder length hair to the front. Staring at the end of his hair he asked me, " Do you know any good barbers around here? My hair's starting to get split ends." I was trying to keep my composure. I didn't get his game here.

Yes I did. I should've known it from the start.

I huffed, " You're stalling."

He looked up at me with interest and smiled, showing the smiley piercing over his gum, " No. not stalling.. I just want to talk." He began walking and I followed.

"Where are we going?"

He didn't say anything he just continued walking. I narrowed my eyes, " So you want revenge or not?"

He shrugged, " No. I could care less about my father's death. He was.. changing himself for the better. That diddy deserved what happened to him." I didn't understand what he meant by that, but maybe it was a Scottish term. I was getting impatient now, " So why take Levi?"

He stopped walking and turned back around to me, " I felt like it was the only way you'd see me without being on edge the whole time." I crossed my arms, " I am on edge, idiot."

He raised his hands in innocence, " Yes, yes I know. But let me get to the point here."

I nod and he puts his hands in his pockets, " Since you killed my father, I'll be taking his place in his business.. which also means.. I'll be able to become apart of the council. Which ALSO means.. that I can help you.."