The Ender Prince

Our world is... different than any that you ever heard of. Instead of having one gigantic world to live in, ours is divided into three separate, smaller but still connected dimensions. There is the Overworld, which is much like the world you know and love. Green landscapes of wide plains or dense forest, hot deserts and cold snow landscapes. The second dimension is the Nether, a hot and dangerous place, filled to the brim with lava, fire and dangerous creatures like Blazes or Ghasts. But there are also gigantic colonies of Piglins, highly intelligent humanoid pig creatures that lived in these firery depths. The last dimensions is called 'The End' . Its a scary place, with huge chunks of landscape missing and completely surrounded by a deadly, never ending void. The existing flying islands are inhabited by the Endermen, a proud and strong race that are rumored to be descendants of humans that went into that dimension centuries ago. Endermen are tall, with black skin and glowing purple eyes. They also have the ability to teleport at will, which comes in handy when you live in a landscape like this.

There used to be a time where all three of these dimensions lived together in peace, sharing and trading resources without any kind of conflict between them. We never had to worry about food or shortage of resources. Life was good back then... but then came the war. It started between the humans of the Overworld and the Piglins from the Nether. From what I heard and read about... it was a bloodbath. Thousands of people from both sides lost their life in that war before the humans turned to the Endermen for help. Maybe that was where we went wrong... we actually helped them. With combined forces the Nether was quickly defeated and all portals destroyed.

If only we saw the true nature of the alliance the humans made with us.

Not even a week after the Nether was defeated, they launched an ambush on our main end city and killed our king. They wiped out a majority of our people and forced the rest of us to retreat deeper into the void... to small islands far away from the main portal. But if that wasn't bad enough already... they closed the portal once they were done with us. The only way to leave our world... and it was gone. We were trapped with no way of escaping the dead and cold landscape of our dimension. Sure, we know how to survive here, but if you have lived in the luxury of just being able to leave and visit the other dimensions, see and take resources that we could never have in our own world... it's difficult. For years they tried to re-open the portal, but no one knew how. They looked for a second portal that may exist somewhere in the far distance, but found nothing.

After some time our people, our culture slowly grew back to what it used to be... even with the now limited resources we had. The multiple small islands were connected through bridges and slowly we dared to expand towards the portal again, scared of what we might find there. Who knows if the humans were truly gone or didn't set out some kind of trap. Slowly we regained all the land that we lost. It gave us hope... but it didn't last long. We crowned a new king, the younger sibling of our former one, who miraculously survived the massacre of his older brother and family. But he was different. He was full of hatred and grief over his loss. Who wouldn't be after losing their family. But he blamed our people for it, as we didn't react fast enough to the human ambush. He became a dictator that was feared by everyone. No one dared to make him mad. And the ones that did... well... they never saw their loved ones again.

Sadly the attitude of this king was inherited by his son... and his son... and the following seven kings as well, leaving a terrified and desperate kingdom under the rule of tyranny. It was a dark time for our species...