Part 2: He was a hero

"I never meant to hurt you." Pietro told the girl softly. She rolled her eyes and then continued to focus on making sandwiches. "Cassidy."

"You left us, you left me. You lied to me." Her voice was small as she stared at the sandwich. "I was pregnant and in love with you. You said we would do it together and everything would be fine. You're a liar."

"So are you! You never told me your last name which was Stark. I would have never dated you if I knew you were a Stark!" Pietro shouted at her. Cassidy looked up at him with tears in her eyes. She picked up the sandwich and marched out of the kitchen. "Cassy wait, I didn't mean that."

"Look Pietro, I don't care. It's been 7 years and I'm over it, but don't tell me I'm a liar and don't talk to my daughter." Pietro gave the redhead a soft nod as she brought the lunch over to Gracelyn.

Everyone watched carefully as the two walked back to the living room. It was silent except for the cartoon in the background.

"Hey Gracie, why don't we go to the park today?" The little girl smiled and then turned to Wanda.

"Can Wanda come?" Cassidy stiffened here body while looking at her former friend. She then faced her daughter with a forced smile.

"Of course she can come, grandpa is going to come and so are Uncle Steve and Aunt Nat."

"Yay!"

"You shouldn't have come. I think you guys should just leave her alone." Natasha spoke to Wanda and Pietro as they watched Cassidy push Gracelyn on the swing.

"She's my daughter." Pietro responded.

"No she's not. My daughter gave birth to her, my daughter bought her clothes, bought her food, homeschooled her, bought an apartment for them, my daughter did everything while you went off to go become villains. That little girl is not your daughter." Tony said angrily. The twins nodded and then focused on the redheads.

"Aunt Nat come play with us!" Gracelyn shouted from across the playground. Natasha smiled at the girl and quickly ran over to her. "You and mommy are gonna chase me."

"Ok then."

"I get a 10 second head start." She said. Natasha and Cassidy waited 10 seconds before chasing the little girl. They were all screaming  and laughing as they ran around the playground.

"I did love her." Pietro said as he turned to Tony. "I promise I loved her."

"Then why did you leave her. I get it you were a kid who didn't know how to raise a kid of your own, but you could have given her money or a place to stay or at least been their for the birth of your daughter. She never told you she was a Stark so you didn't know if she was poor, if she had nothing. You never met me, she could have been lying about having parents or a family. You knew nothing of her situation!" The girls stopped playing and turned to Tony who was red in the face.

"I was only 18."

"So was she! You abandoned my daughter and your own." Tony suddenly went quiet and turned to Cassidy. Her hand gripped tightly around Gracelyn's.

"Mommy what's he talking about?" She asked with her bright blue eyes staring into Cassidy's brown ones.

"Nothing, he's just talking about how me and Pietro used to know each other."

"Don't lie to her." Everyone turned to the silver haired boy, Cassidy shook her head.

"Shut up." She told him.

"Gracelyn I'm your dad." Gracelyn turned to her mother and then back to Pietro while shaking her head.

"No your not. My daddy's dead." Pietro looked into Cassidy's teary eyes and frowned.