Maybe running away wasn't the best idea

Keefe

Keefe looked over his shoulder, continuing to run. His heart splintered into shards with every step he took towards the forest hill he could see in the distance.

He had no idea where he had leapt, but he knew that he would want to head away from the busy cities for now. The hill drew him almost like a magnet, and Keefe caught sight of a growing flash of what looked like bronze, or maybe gold. As he ran closer, he saw that it was a large statue of a woman, glinting in the sun. His photographic memory pinned her as being Athena, a Greek goddess.

Blargh. He hated that even the most useless things were remembered perfectly. Keefe checked his hoodie pocket (he had gotten a human disguise at a store as soon as he had landed) carefully for the blue crystal and the Imparter Grady had given him. That brought back the memory of the note he had left, and another bout of nausea.

Sophie would hate him this time. He knew it. Keefe steeled himself for the fact that he would not, could not, be able to go back this time. Even if he did, Sophie would most likely be dating Fitz again, and probably for good. That was another reason to clear off. Keefe didn't feel anyone nearby, so he sank down and sat at the feet of the statue, leaning back against it and falling asleep, only to be woken a few hours later when the day broke and he heard people talking loudly nearby.

Nothing to start this story like the depressing ending of Unlocked! Next chapter is Sophie POV, and I promise that this book WILL GET BETTER

Galaxy, out.