OUR CURIOUSITIES

Couple days passed and my routine just as the way it is..

I already forget about the accident and focus on my thesis which already enters the 2nd chapter. I have Hyukjae replacing me while I’m sitting in the corner in front of my laptop. My deadline is in two days so I better be hurry because I don’t wanna make any mistakes again. I can feel a shadow come closer to me then I heard someone called me. “Hi! Remember me?”, he said. I look up and found him, the guy I hit in front of the café. “Hey! Of course I remember. Just sit down here. But, what’s your name anyway?”, I welcome him. He smiles and grabs a seat in front of me. “Ryeowook. Kim Ryeowook. What are you doing? Am I interrupting?”, he’s pouting again like that day. I found myself smiling when I see him act like that. I lean forward and I brush his hair. “Jongwoon. It’s Kim Jongwoon. No you aren’t disturbing me. Just finish my 2nd chapter because I’ll meet my mentor on Thursday and I want it to be perfect”, I said.

He smiles at me after hearing my explanation.

This smile really annoys me. God, help me to bear that smile”, I said to my self. “Wait here. I will get you something to drink. Do you want something?”, I stand up while I’m asking him. He’s looking at me and said, “Just order me something you like. Make it two of us”. I smile and leave him.

Within 7 minutes or so, I bring two cups and some bread to the corner when I saw him waiting for me. He stood up and gives a help to bring the plate of the breads. We sit, talk, listen and share some stories about everything else. That’s when I found out that he works part time in the book store in front of my café. And he already came to my café when he’s hungry or need something to drink.

“Wait, but why I never see you come and offer something to me?”, I asked him in curiosity. “hmmmm… because I always come when you already left. When you’re around, maybe it’s my rush hour especially during midday. So many people come to look for the books they want to have. I know your brother, his friends and him”, he explains while pointing to Hyukjae. “aaaaah that’s bad. We should know each other long ago if we meet sooner”, I mumble. “What?? I don’t hear you”, he said. “Nothing”.

It’s been an hour or so, Ryeowook excuse himself to me because needs to go back to his work again. “Give me your phone!”, I said. He put his hand to his jacket and handed his phone. “I already put my number here. Call or text me if you need anything”, I said to Ryeowook and give his phone back. “I will, Jongwoon hyung. Its nice having someone I can call hyung”, he smiles again. “That smile, again! Gosh!”, I cursed it to myself. I walk Ryeowook and I open the door. Ryeowook waved and cross the street. He looked at me while he enters the book store, smile with the nicest smile he ever give to me. My heart is beating so fast.. “What’s happening to me?”.

-RYEOWOOK side-

“Well, I think he’s into me. Hope I’m not hoping too high. Seeing his reactions to me.. His smiles, the way he talks, the way he stares…. does he feel the same?”, Ryeowook mumbling to himself while putting the books on the shell. He also caresses his right palm, reminiscing Jongwoon’s hands.

-JONGWOON side-

 “Should I tell him that I adore everything about him? Should I tell him that I enjoyed everything that we shared for hours in the café? Small talks, smiles, laughs, diversities and every single thing in life that we have in commons? What if I am the only one who feels this way? Does he really care? Does he feel the same? Does he?”. So many things run in Jongwoon’s mind now. He tried his best to understand every word on his research report in front of him. But he’s aware that he already long gone, away from his laptop, thinking about the meeting that happened hours ago. Jongwoon smiles…