Chapter Twelve

Waking up from the disturbing and haunting memory,I jerked awake, the back of my head hitting something solid. I gasped and heard a groan of pain from my side. I turned, clutching my sore skull with shaky hands, to see Will holding his jaw with a bewildered expression.

"Oh god, I am so sorry Will! I-I um didn't see you there. I hope I didn't hit you too hard, I must have fallen asleep on you and I am so-" I stuttered an apology, embarrassed and flustered.

"Angel, calm down. I have taken a harder blow before. You needed some sleep anyways, are you okay?"

I nodded, sheepishly turning away. Why were these memories coming back? I should be focusing in the good my father did, not dwelling on the bad, seeing as he is gone.

To my right, Will stretched his arms over his head and moaned in relief as his back popped in multiple spots.

"Why don't we head to bed, Angel? I'm blown." He said, standing on his feet.

"No you go ahead, I am going to be up for a bit, I might just sleep out here." I replied.

"Are you sure? I can stay here with you?"

"William, I just need some time alone plus I don't want to intrude more than I am. Get some sleep, please." I spoke quietly, and I figured he got the message.

After he vanished into the back room, I sat there thinking of ways to make use of myself, seeing as I wasn't helping a cause or ever have been. Maybe I could do some shopping for something other than ham tomorrow? Will would probably enjoy something else, and I wanted to give him something he would enjoy.

I thought about it and had to smile. It may not be something big, but it meant something to me just at the thought of doing something to enlighten this man and getting use out of myself.

I thought a bit more of that, trying to numb my mind to the invading things, before falling asleep. This time with dreams of floating goats and crazy cat people.