Chapter 6 - The Secret Mission Part 3: Minato's Escape

(Minato's POV)

     It took me a long period of time to learn the jutsu. Besides, I'll have to train myself during midnight, without anyone noticing. It was a bitterwork.

     Finally, after training for a long time, and practicing the jutsu, I was able to make it. Though it isn't really that perfect, but it's already very useful to help me out. It was very early in the morning. I carefully planted my kunai outside the chamber, and tried to teleport myself. It took me quite some time, but it was successful. I then hurriedly escaped and traveled home to Konoha.

     From afar, I saw some reinforcements fighting the ninjas of Kumo. "It's Minato!" one of the leaf ninjas called out. "He's safe!". They helped me to go back. Good thing they finally came, because I was really about to faint that time. I was very tired and exhausted, so they left me a clinic near the Hokage's headquarters and checked me out.

     It took me a week to have myself recovered. I checked out the calendar, and it was already 2 years ever since I made the promise to Kushina. "I guess she already forgot about it." I sighed. When I went out from the clinic, I went home. I was surprised with what I saw. My stuffs were properly arranged, and no dirt was to be found - as if someone's been checking out my room and maintaining it. It was already 4 PM. "2 years ago, we started walking and went home from the academy during this time." I told myself. I decided to go to the Cherry Blossom tree, hoping she was there, waiting for me. Even though I knew it's already impossible. I arrived there at around 4:10 PM. As what I've expected, no one was there. "It's spring again..." I sighed as I watch the flowers bloom.

"And 2 years ago, as of this very moment, I was planning how to tell her about my feelings... But I wasn't that ready. So I changed the topic, instead..."