Chapter 1 - Breakfast at Ichiraku's

(Kushina's POV)

     I woke up early in the morning, and I directly went to the bathroom to wash my face. I wiped it up using my white face towel. When I opened the door and went outside, I saw Minato sleeping in the couch. He looked tired and exhausted, that's why I didn't bother disturbing his sleep. Instead, I opened the windows to feel the cold and fresh breeze of the morning air. Then I went to the kitchen, hoping that there was any ingredient left so I could prepare our breakfast. Sigh, but there was none. Maybe we could just have a bowl of ramen at Ichiraku's before we go to school - I suddenly had that idea since I don't have that much time to buy the ingredients and cook. So I went back to my bedroom, and into my dresser. As usual, I prepared my clothes which I usually wear going to school - and as well as my head protector. I then went inside the bathroom and took a bath.

     I was only covered up with my towel, and my hair's still wet when I went outside the bathroom. As I stepped out, I saw Minato standing in front of me, suprised. His eyes grew big, and his face turned red when he saw me in that form. I was shocked as well to see him inside of my bedroom, and for him to see me while I'm only covered in towel, and still very wet?! I didn't know what to say. I reacted the same way as him, my eyes grew big, and I could feel that my face turned very very red - as if any moment from now, it's going to explode!

     "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?! I WAS TAKING A BATH, DATTEBANE!" those rude words suddenly came out of my mouth. And why did I even said that? I owe him my life! Urghh.. I can't believe that I managed to shout at him. He kept silent, and his eyes returned to it's normal form. He looked a bit disappointed with what I said, I guess. "I... I'm sorry... I didn't want to -" I said, but he cut me off. "It's fine." he said with a very attracting smile. "I'm the one who needs to apologize, I must have not entered your room without your permission. I'm sorry, Kushina." He told me, still smiling. I was speechless. This time, he managed to understand me... And my feelings as well. "I'll be waiting outside. We'll stop by at Ichiraku's to have our meal. I'll treat you!" he said, as he went out of my room. I was motionless. I could feel my fragile heart beating so fast.

     After a couple of minutes, I went out of my room all dressed up. He was there, sitting on the couch - waiting for me. He heard the banging of the door, and saw me going out of the room. He hurriedly stood up, and motioned me to go outside. "Let's go ahead now, or else we're going to be late." he said in a warm voice and then he smiled.

(Minato's POV)

     We then walked our way to Ichiraku's to have our breakfast. She was silent, very silent. As if something's bothering her again. "Kushina, are you okay?" I asked. I noticed that she couldn't look directly into my eyes. She's looking away everytime she's talking to me. "Y...yes." she answered, shyly. I giggled because of her reaction. "Don't worry, I don't bite. If there's anything you need, just tell me whatever it is. Don't be shy, okay?" I said. It took her a long time to answer me. "A...alright." She said in a low tune.

     At last, we arrived at Ichiraku's. It's still 6:30 in the morning, and our class is going to start at 7. We still have enough time to have our breakfast, and to talk a bit. We sat in those high chairs, and they took our orders. "I...I want some -" Kushina uttered, but I cut her off. I know exactly what she wants, so there's no need for her to say it. "She wants a bowl of Salt Ramen. And umm... I'll go with the Roasted Beef flavor." I said to the guy who's taking out our orders. She stared at me, surprised. Her cheeks blushed as well. I could see that she's having this "awkward" feeling being with me. "It's alright, you don't have to say it. I know that the salty kind is your favorite." I said to her, hoping that I could atleast reduce that awkward feeling she is feeling right now. And after a few minutes, our meal is ready. "Ittadakimasu! (Let's eat!)" I shouted with the chopsticks on my hands. I took a quick glance at Kushina. She was motionless, and her cheeks still red. "Y...yeah... Ittadakimasu (Let's eat), dattebane!" she said in a shivering voice.