Chapter 10 - Together

(Kushina's POV)

     After that, Minato and I started dating. We would often walk around the streets together - and eat together. He prefers my cooking the most. We enjoyed being with each other.

     "Kushina, let's meet under the same Cherry Blossom Tree later, 3pm.

-Minato"

I saw this note beside my bed when I woke up. It was already 10 AM - I woke up late. I still have 5 hours left. I directly went to the bathroom, took a shower and refreshed myself. I wonder what Minato's surprise will be? I asked myself. I felt a bit excited and finished at around 11 AM - still 4 hours left. I sat down and decided to wait, but I was feeling uneasy. There were a lot of thoughts coming in and out my mind that made me feel uncomfortable.

(Minato's POV)

     I went to Kushina's room early in the morning, but she was sleeping soundly. I giggled as she snores. It's pretty obvious that she's tired, since we went home late last night. I decided not to disturb her sleep, and just left a note beside her bed instead. "I'll wait for you later." I whispered to her, but she was still sleeping. "I guess I had no choice but to leave her alone for a while." I sighed, and went out silently.

     I went under the tree at around 2:55 PM - five minutes earlier. It was already winter, so I wore a very thick jacket, and gloves as well. The cold weather became irrelevant to me. After a few minutes, I saw Kushina walking towards me, but she isn't wearing any jacket nor gloves. She's just wearing her normal white turtleneck and green jumper, as she shivers in cold. I ran towards her.

"Kushina, are you alright? Why didn't you wore a jacket?" I asked her. She giggled and said, "Sorry... I... I was late, I forgot... my jacket... I didn't... want you... to wait...here for so long." she said while shaking. I gave her a warm embrace and let her wear my jacket. "Next time, don't go out without your jacket, okay? You'll get sick." I reminded her. She nodded in response.

"Kushina..." I called her...

(Kushina's POV)

"Kushina... I've been wanting to ask you about this for a very long time..."

     I stared at Minato. He gave me one of those serious looks, like what he did that time before he went to his secret mission.

"What is it?" I asked him. But I think I already knew what he would tell me. I already had that feeling that we had to be separated again for a long time.

"Kushina, a month from now... Once I'll come back... I... I want you to... I want you to marry me." he said.

     I couldn't say a thing. A month from now... Marriage... I felt happy, and nervous at the same time.

"Next week, I'll be gone for a while. I have some important matters to discuss with the hokage" he told me.

I nodded and the tears of joy started to fall off. "I'm willing to wait no matter what, dattebane!" I proudly said.

"Kushina... Thank you..."