Chapter 7 - The Spring

(Kushina's POV)

     It was already 4:10 PM. I checked out the calendar, and it was the same day where we promised to meet up after his mission. But 2 years had already passed. I started loosing my hope that he would come back. But somehow, I felt this strange feeling that I really need to go under that same tree. I don't know why, but somehow...somehow I started to have this thought that he's already there, waiting for me.

     I locked my room and went out. "It's spring right now as well." I whispered to myself. I decided to take a walked around the cherry blossom trees. I arrived there at around 4:30 PM, and was suprised with what I saw...

(Minato's POV)

     She wasn't there. I was alone. I tried to stay there until 4:30 PM, hoping that she would come. But she didn't. I decided to go back home instead, but while I was walking I heard someone calling me.

(Kushina's POV)

"M... Minato!"

     I shouted and ran after him. "Stop walking or else I'll knock you down, dattebane!" I ran as fast as I could, as if I was flying. Tears started to shed from my eyes again. I really really missed him.

(Minato's POV)

"Minato!"

     I heard a familiar voice shouting from afar. Then I heard footsteps, as if the person was running after me. I was about to turn around to check who that person was, but she already caught up on me.

(Kushina's POV)

"Minato... I missed you... So much."

     I finally caught up on him, and without any hesitation, I hugged him tightly, and I was still panting. "Y...you...idiot! Why did you have to go all of a sudden? It's hard to chase you, you know that?" I told him while crying on his shoulders. He was motionless, and was very silent. He was surprised to see me, as his eyes grew big.

(Minato's POV)

"Minato, please...please don't ever leave me again..."

     I was shocked. It was Kushina. I didn't expect her to go, after 2 years. He believed in me, and trusted me. That's why she's here right now - hugging me while crying. Her appearance changed a lot that I couldn't even recognize that it was her. Her beautiful red hair grew long. She also puts a pin on her hair. And most of all... She turned into a beautiful woman. But she's still the hot-headed Kushina I once knew.

     "Kushina, is...is that you?" I asked her. She stopped crying and just stared at me. "Y... You've grown into such a beautiful woman now, eh?" I was kidding her, but I could already feel my cheeks turned pinkish. "Minato...you...idiot! You haven't changed a bit! I'm going to knock you down, dattebane!" she said, as he punched me, and I fell. We then laughed at each other - just like old times.