Book Eight

Slade's standpoint

   I brushed off the dirt from my pants and glanced at the open field. It's official, I wasn't going to be focusing on work for the next few weeks. Sabrina unexpectedly won me at the eating competition, she was done before I could blink and my pride was wounded. Now I was starting to see the list as a challenge between me and her. So eventually, I was outside waiting for her to show her face so I would beat her at archery. I was the best as far as I know because my master was an elf, and you know how good with bow and arrows elves are.

   "Puppy!" I rolled my eyes at her ridiculous pet name. What offended me more was how Blade wagged his tail in approval of that name.

I am her puppy, we were meant to be.

Shut up.

Think about it, her name is Sabrina, your name is Slade. Your names both begins with 'S' and her wolf's is probably Bane and my name is Blade. See? Mach made from heaven.

And who told you her wolf's name is Bane?

I said probably.

   "Puppy," she giggled, throwing her hands around my neck. I turned my head to show her my disapproving smile but ended up gaping. Adelisa had to dress her up in such wonderful clothes to make me comfortable. Note the heavy sarcasm.

   Whatever the dress was called, it was a knitted sweater with double folds at it neckline and it fell off her left shoulder. She wore a short top inside, one that didn't even cover her stomach and to make the whole situation worse, Lisa was daring me by wearing her shorts, freaking short shorts. My eyes remained rooted on the curve of her neck, the beautiful spot my mark would be. Her skin was glowing brighter than before, her shoulder was waiting for my lips and hickeys. How did I end up in this mess? Force celibacy. I groaned and moved my eyes to her legs, those two legs that needed to be apart with me between.

Damn you, goddess!

   "What are you wearing?"

   "Comfortable clothes," she laughed.

Comfortable fuck! How is this comfortable for me?!

   "Why are you laughing?" I asked with a growl, trying to ignore the urge to drag her to my bedroom and do things I ought to do. I mean what is the point of having a mate I can't screw?!

   "Brother Dalton fell on horse poop," she continued to laugh as she buried her face into the crook of my neck.

   "How did that happen?" I chuckled. Fake chuckle. She was getting comfortable around me, touching me when I couldn't touch her the real way I wanted.

   "He chase little son around horse, little son slap horse and horse kick Brother Dalton away. He goes flying over far and land in horse poop."

   "Okay, enough laughing, let's focus on the game. Ready to fulfil another wish?"

Ready to get the fuck away from me before I pin you to the ground and take you here?

   "Yes!" She jumped away from me and squealed, making me pout from the lost of contact.

   "First," I took off my hooded cape, I always loved wearing it when out in the field. My mother made it for me herself, one of my birthday gift. I threw the cape over her shoulders and buttoned it. I adjusted the sides so it would cover her legs the way it could. "There, it's perfect."

   "Look! I'm Red Riding Hood!" She laughed and ran around in circles with hands spread. Her happiness was contagious, it was starting to rub off on me. Not that I wasn't always happy, I was used to making people happy and not the other way round.