Book Fourteen

Sabrina's standpoint

   Bane was still piss by what that wolf said, even I was piss as well. She insulted Sabrina and mate, called mate names. We didn't run far, we went to stand at the roof. Sabrina looked down at the people walking about, she could hear some talking about her: they were afraid of her.

   "They should be," I growled. The good thing was that I didn't disgrace myself in front of students.

   "Hey, this is my comfort zone. What are you doing here?" Well, there goes Sabrina's peace. I looked over my shoulder to stare at the intruder. It was one of those weak student. She was fragile and smelt like too much soap and perfume.

   "Oh," she said when she saw Sabrina's face, "you are one of those supernatural creatures, right?"

   "Who you? What you doing here?"

   "This is sort of my zone," she said, gliding closer to me with a weird gesture of her hand. "I come here all the time. It's where I spend most of my day away from humanity and the struggle of friendship."

   "Why? Have no friends?" I asked curiously.

   "I'm too lazy for the commitment. I had friends but then got too lazy to keep up; that's just how I am." She shrugged. Sabrina likes her, she's weird like her. The girl was wearing dark colors, hair dyes, rings, and she looked like someone drowning in depression.

   "You look miserable," Brina giggles.

   "It's called gothic," she chuckled.

   "Hope Brina... I can stay here, it's comforting."

   "You feel strangely dark, I like that. I'm Vida by the way, Vida O'Dell. What about you?"

   "Sabrina,"

   "Nice," Vida leans on the railing, looking down at the tiny students. "What kind of creature are you? Are you a vampire? Vampires are cool. They love dark colors, hate the sun like I do, suck blood–which is my dream–and have fancy tattoos." Vida said with enthusiasm.

   "Really?"

   "No, those are the olden days vampires. Recent vampires blend in so well you can barely identify them. They don't necessarily have tattoos and they certainly no longer sleep in coffins. Wanna identify a vampire, look for the most alluring pale skinned person around you that have a thing for red." And Sabrina was wondering what she was blabbering about. She no care.

   "That's...uhm...good?"

   "You still haven't answered my question, what are you?"

   "Werewolf," Sabrina replied evasively.

   "Werecreatures are also cool. The idea of having a huge animal locked up somewhere inside your head is fascinating," Vida walked closer to Sabrina, pushing face too, too close to hers. "I mean how does it work? The large creature just retracts to the back of your head like it was tucked in a pocket, only that pockets can't hold huge creatures. How is it possible?"

   "I dunno," I shrugged. Vida straightened up with a smile.

   "Can you shift? What color is your wolf? Hey! Maybe you can help me with my assignment. We were given an assignment to write on a particular supernatural, natural or magical creatures, humans included. I wanted to do vampires but my teacher said not to. So I was thinking werewolves. Do you mind being interviewed?" And Sabrina thought Harmony's excitement was creepy.

   "Er...sure?"

   "Great!" she exclaimed. Sabrina lowered herself to the floor of the roof, keeping her hand tightly wrapped around a single rail bar. Vida quickly searched her bag for a book and a pen. She then sat in front of me in a crisscross position.